Version 5.0.11 Errors

Topics: General Questions
Feb 22, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Hi Tom,

Not sure if this is a bug but I have deployed the latest version of the framework and getting the following errors

Would appear to be relating to the following property in the targets file

<ManageFileAdapterPhysicalPaths>true</ManageFileAdapterPhysicalPaths>

If I set this to false in my btdfproj script file it works

Cheers

Jim Mclay

Target DeployFileAdapterPhysicalPaths:

Configuring FILE adapter physical paths from binding file PortBindings.xml...

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(713,5): error MSB4018: The "SetUpFileAdapterPaths" task failed unexpectedly.

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(713,5): error MSB4018: System.Xml.XmlException: There is no Unicode byte order mark. Cannot switch to Unicode.

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(713,5): error MSB4018: at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(713,5): error MSB4018: at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(713,5): error MSB4018: at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.CheckEncoding(String newEncodingName)

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(713,5): error MSB4018: at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseXmlDeclaration(Boolean isTextDecl)

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(713,5): error MSB4018: at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(713,5): error MSB4018: at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(713,5): error MSB4018: at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(713,5): error MSB4018: at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(713,5): error MSB4018: at DeploymentFramework.BuildTasks.SetUpFileAdapterPaths.Execute()

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(713,5): error MSB4018: at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteTask(ExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Hashtable projectItemsAvailableToTask, BuildPropertyGroup projectPropertiesAvailableToTask, Boolean& taskClassWasFound)

Done building target "DeployFileAdapterPhysicalPaths" in project "GHA.Workspace.Integration.BusinessObjects.Deployment.btdfproj" -- FAILED.

Done building target "Deploy" in project "GHA.Workspace.Integration.BusinessObjects.Deployment.btdfproj" -- FAILED. 

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Hi Jim,

This looks like a problem with your binding file.  What encoding type do you have listed in your <?xml> element?  It sounds like your binding file may be saved as ANSI but the encoding type is set to Unicode, or some combination like that.  SetUpFileAdapterPaths has to open the binding file with an XmlTextReader to locate the FILE ports.

Thanks,
Tom

Mar 12, 2010 at 4:46 PM

I'm having the same problem with 5.0.11.  It looks like you checked in a fix for this - issue #6112.

Any chance you could package up another release?

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2010 at 4:51 AM

Yes, turned out that some user-contributed code broke ElementTunnel's output in some situations.  There have been a lot of other significant changes since 5.0.11.  About the only thing holding up 5.0.12 is that I need to post some examples of converting the <Orchestrations>, etc. lists to their new equivalents.  It should be the first half of this week.

Thanks,
Tom

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Version 5.0.12 beta is now available for download.

Thanks,
Tom

Mar 17, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Hi Tom,

Not sure if you are aware but the 5.0.12 BizTalk 2006 samples do not have any of the BizTalk files such as the .btdfproj file. 

Cheers

Jim

Coordinator
Mar 17, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Hi Jim,

Before using the sample applications for BizTalk 2006, open each sample folder in Windows Explorer and run the PrepareSample.bat batch file.

Thanks,
Tom

Mar 18, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

Jim

Mar 19, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Hi Tom,

We have two dependant dll's for one of our applications which need to be gac'd before the orchestration that uses them is deployed.

Using 5.0.12 I thought adding the following ItemGroup in .btdfproj file would allow me to gac these before the orch was deployed

<font size="2" color="#0000ff"><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

<

</font></font><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

</font>

ItemGroup>

<ExternalAssemblies Include="nsoftware.BizTalk.EmailAdapter.dll">

<LocationPath>..\..\..\..\..\..\ReleasedAssemblies</LocationPath>

</ExternalAssemblies>

<ExternalAssemblies Include="Winterdom.BizTalk.Samples.FixEncoding.dll">

<LocationPath>..\..\..\..\..\..\ReleasedAssemblies</LocationPath>

</ExternalAssemblies>

</ItemGroup>

It dosen't appear to work as expected. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong.

Cheers

Jim

Coordinator
Mar 19, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Jim,

I just tested here with this config and it worked as expected:

<ItemGroup>
    <ExternalAssemblies Include="ContextAccessor.dll">
      <LocationPath>..\..\..\..\..\MoreDlls</LocationPath>
    </ExternalAssemblies>
  </ItemGroup>

Your .btdfproj file should be organized like this:

<PropertyGroup>'s
<ItemGroup>'s
<Import Project="$(DeploymentFrameworkTargetsPath)BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets" />

If that's how you have it organized, then you might double-check your path.  It will just skip past if the file doesn't exist.

Thanks,
Tom

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Hi Tom,

Yep the path was the problem thanks.

I have opened up a new discussion realtion directly with 5.0.12.

Cheers

Jim