This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

First time BTDF Deploy Error

Topics: General Questions
Apr 13, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I'm using your 5.0 release on BT2006/R2 with MSBuild.  I'm at a different client than the past,  building and testing the first BTDF today, and getting this error:

C:\Source\FRB\EC\BookTransfer\BizTalk\FRB.EC.BookTransfer.BizTalk.Deployment\FRB.EC.BookTransfer.BizTalk.Deployment.btdfproj(134,13): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Source\FRB\EC\BookTransfer\BizTalk\FRB.EC.BookTransfer.BizTalk.Deployment\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

I can temporarily get around the issue by this:

<Import Project="$(DeploymentFrameworkTargetsPath)BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets" />
    <!--
       <Import Project="c:\Program Files\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets" />
    -->

But I'm not sure that will be good for the MSI production server deploys.

I believe it has something to do with the way I set the "Configuration" on the solution.  I messed around with some items there, and got it to work, but not sure I understand the exact rules.  Do you have any further clarification on the Solution Config settings?  [I did change the compiles to go to \bin\Debug instead of \bin\Development

Thanks,

Neal Walters

Apr 13, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Hi, check whether the configuration names in the solution have also been changed to Debug and Release from Development and Deployment.  The solution configuration name gets passed in, and if that isn't Debug or Release then the <PropertyGroup> condition checks in the .btdfproj file, which look like <PropertyGroup Condition="'$(Configuration)' == 'Debug'">, won't fire.  If those don't fire, then DeploymentFrameworkTargetsPath never gets defined.

Thanks,
Tom

Dec 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I got the similar error. I'm using BizTalk 2013 and BTDF 5.1. After I installed the BTDF on the build server, the issue went away. This is not a prerequisite in the documentation. Perhaps the documentation needs to be updated.

"C:\Builds\10\CSIKomondor\CSI.Common.Build\Sources\CSI.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj (147): The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk."