Can't find any 'Deployment Framework' new project under BizTalk projects in Visual Studio 2005

Topics: Visual Studio Integration
Jun 5, 2010 at 3:04 AM

Did anyone try this on Visual Studio 2005?

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2010 at 3:34 PM

I'll have to look into it once I have a VS 2005 environment available.  Thanks for reporting the issue.

Tom

Jun 11, 2010 at 4:48 PM

We using VS2005 and BT2006/R2 and the BTDF with no problems.

Some of the common gotchas: 

1) Solution named correctly and in the right relative directory - I think it determines the sub-directory name to use for the btdfproj file

2) Directories all structured per documentation

There not a "File new project" for the Deployment project.  You just copy the files from the sample, and then optionally you can add selected files to your solution for convenience (using "Add Existing" and then select the files, then the appear under "Solution Items").

Neal Walters

Coordinator
Jun 11, 2010 at 5:39 PM

There IS a Visual Studio Add New Project wizard in the Deployment Framework.  'zhcheah' is reporting that it's not showing up in VS 2005.  It has been working fine for us in VS 2008 but evidently there is something amiss with the VS 2005 installer.

Check out the latest build and documentation and you'll see screen shots of it.

Thanks,
Tom

Jun 15, 2010 at 1:49 AM

Not sure if this will help or not.  I see that BTDF installer put the file in these two places on my virtual machine:

"c:\program files\Microsoft Visual Studio 7\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkProjectTemplate5_0.zip"

"c:\program files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkProjectTemplate5_0.zip"

However, I don't see it in either VS2005 or VS2008 IDE under the "Add new project"  (Note: I'm running BT2006/R2 on this machine, but have VS2008 for WCF web service and win apps).

I noticed that all the templates from Microsoft are zips, but they are located in 1033 (code # for English I think) subdirectories.  I tried copying the above .zip to several other places, closing Visual Studio and re-opening, but never could get it to appear in the 'Add new project' window.   I didn't think there were registry settings or anything involved, so I'm not sure why putting the file in the various directories didn't work.  I even tried putting it under know locations such as CSharp/Workflow, and I tried creating called "BizTalk Projects" and putting it under 1033 under that directory.

Based on my "Tools/Options" settings for "Project and Solutions/General" / "Visual Studio user project template locations" I also tried putting it these three directories with no luck: 

"c:\Documents and Settings\z_btsadm\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\Workflow\1033\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkProjectTemplate5_0.zip"

and here:

"c:\Documents and Settings\z_btsadm\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\Workflow\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkProjectTemplate5_0.zip"

and here:

"c:\Documents and Settings\z_btsadm\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Templates\ProjectTemplates\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkProjectTemplate5_0.zip"

Neal