Specify Later - logical port configuration

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO
Jul 8, 2010 at 12:57 AM

This feels like a RTFM question, but I've searched to no avail.  So, here goes...

All (5) of my orchestrations' (11) logical ports have a 'Specify Later' binding.  When the deployment attempts to start the application I get "Could not enlist orchestration 'XXXXX'. All orchestration ports must be bound and the host must be set." errors.  It is obvious that the application needs to be "configured" such that the logical ports are bound to physical ports and orchestrations enlisted to specific host[s].  How do I do that such that it is performed auto-magically prior to application startup?

Vercellone

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2010 at 2:03 AM

This page has a step by step overview that covers getting your binding file set up properly the first time.  Based on your description, the next step is to go into BizTalk Admin and manually configure the ports and bindings for your application and get it started.  Once BizTalk Admin says everything is good and the app is started, then use the Export Bindings option to export your now-complete bindings to PortBindingsMaster.xml (if you enabled master bindings in .btdfproj) or PortBindings.xml otherwise.

This thread also has a wealth of detail around the Framework's handling of binding files.  However, a few things may be out of date due to changes and new features since that release.

Thanks,
Tom

Jul 8, 2010 at 3:16 AM

Sorry, Tom!  I configured, exported, then compared using beyond compare before posting this assuming that was the case.  But, I somehow missed the Send/Receive PortRef and Host changes amongst a number of other differences the first time around.  This time I found what I need and successfully merged the necessary bits into my PortBindingsMaster.xml.

I'm shocked and awed by your responsiveness to my queries today.  Thank you, again!

Vercellone