Error persisting to SSO

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO
Aug 4, 2010 at 6:03 PM

While attempting to run a deployment to our test BizTalk server group (two Biztalk servers running with domain groups and accounts) I got an error from the "DeploySSO" Target:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0002A18): The format of the account name is not valid. Domain accounts must include the domain name. Local accounts must not include a domain or computer name.

Looking more closely at the Deploy Results log file I could see from the command line that the 'GROUP\' domain prefix to the two sso group names ('BizTalk Application Users' and 'BizTalk Server Administrators') that had been specified in the environment spreadsheet had been clipped off for some reason. I checked the relevant environment settings XML file generated from the Environment Settings spreadsheet and sure enough they were there as expected.

If I take the command line, add the domain prefixes in manually and execute it everything works as expected. So for some reason the deployment framework seems to be removing the domain name prefix.

This is my first project using the .19 release, I'd previosuly used the .09 release successfully on a number of projects, in fact the last project was in this same environment and the exact same SSO config settings in the Environment Spreadsheet were used and worked perfectly. That Environment Settings file was used as the template for this new project.

Am I missing some new or modified setting that has come in between the .09 and .19 releases or is this a bug.

Thanks in anticipation.

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2010 at 10:38 PM

I believe what you are seeing is not clipping, but instead the default values for those settings.  Are your two settings in the spreadsheet named SsoAppUserGroup and SsoAppAdminGroup?

In your .BTDFPROJ, to complete the link from the settings spreadsheet to runtime, you must direct the Framework to create MSBuild properties from those settings:

<ItemGroup>
  <PropsFromEnvSettings Include="SsoAppUserGroup;SsoAppAdminGroup" />
</ItemGroup>

Do you have anything like that today?  Since you moved from .09, my guess is that you have them but in the old format inside a PropertyGroup.  (See release notes.)

Thanks,
Tom