Spaces in ProjectName

Topics: General Questions
Aug 25, 2010 at 3:33 PM

I am trying to setup a BTDF project to deploy custom pipelines to the default BizTalk application. I have <ProjectName> set to "BizTalk Application 1". When trying to deploy, I receive the following errors due to the spaces in the ProjectName:

PrepareAppForUndeploy:
  Checking for existing service instances associated with application 'BizTalk Application 1'...
  Done checking for existing service instances associated with application 'BizTalk Application 1'.
UndeployAppDefinition:
  Microsoft (R) BizTalk Application Deployment Utility Version 3.8.368.0
  Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Error: Extra unnamed arguments: Application, 1.

Use RemoveApp /? for command help.
MSBUILD : warning MSB3073: The command "BTSTask.exe RemoveApp -ApplicationName:BizTalk Application 1" exited with code 1.
  The previous error was converted to a warning because the task was called with ContinueOnError=true.
  Build continuing because "ContinueOnError" on the task "Exec" is set to "true".
DeployAppDefinition:
  Microsoft (R) BizTalk Application Deployment Utility Version 3.8.368.0
  Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Error: Extra unnamed arguments: Application, 1.

Use AddApp /? for command help.
C:\Program Files\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1097,5): error MSB3073: The command "BTSTask.exe AddApp -ApplicationName:BizTalk Application 1 -Description:"BizTalk Application 1"" exited with code 1.

It seems that BTSTask is taking "BizTalk", "Application", and "1" as separate arguments instead of a single application name. I've attempted using double quotes, single quotes, and escaped characters. Nothing has worked so far.

Is there any way to get around this with spaces in the ProjectName?

Coordinator
Aug 25, 2010 at 5:48 PM

I guess people very rarely use spaces in their BizTalk app names, because this is the first time I've heard about this.  I don't think there is any viable workaround for this, but I'll create an issue in the Issue Tracker for it to be fixed.

Personally, I would not recommend deploying anything to the default application.  Why not create your own Common BizTalk application and deploy there?

Thanks,
Tom

Aug 26, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Thanks Tom.

We will probably be using a separate BizTalk application for future deployments to get around this issue. 

Thanks for the help!

AJ

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:23 PM
I tried using single quotes. It worked for me :)

Example:
BTSTASK.exe AddResource /ApplicationName:'My BizTalk App' /Type:System.BizTalk:Rules /Name:'My Policy' /Version:3.0

Shah M.