SettingsFileGenerator question

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO
Aug 25, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Guys,

How can I enter receive\send port settings in the SettingsFile? I want to configure different values for different environments. As an example I want to configure different (across environment) send locations for the same port.

I am also interested in knowing what different kind of settings people are configuring using this file.

Thanks for reading.

Coordinator
Aug 25, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Have you taken a look through the BasicMasterBindings sample?  It demonstrates how to configure a port address in your bindings file using setting values in the Excel settings spreadsheet.  You'll see the if xmlpreprocess XML comments in the samples PortBindingsMaster.xml.

I've used the settings spreadsheet to configure various port settings through the binding file -- addresses, retry counts, WCF configurations, etc.  Other times I've used it to configure connection strings and other values in XML files in my BizTalk solution besides the bindings file, and to vary behavior at runtime like Delay shape timeout values (reading the values inside maps or orchestrations at runtime).

Thanks,
Tom