Deploy virtual Directory

Topics: IIS and Web Services
Sep 29, 2010 at 12:28 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Hi everyone I made a script which deploy a virtual directory and it worked on my computer

But when I try to deploy it on another machine it crask and drive me crazy

Here is the error :

Target DeployVDirs:                C:\Program Files (x86)\FnacDirect.UP.Meteor.Common for BizTalk\1.0\Deployment\Framework\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1556,5): error MSB4018: The "CreateVirtualDirectory" task failed unexpectedly.\r                C:\Program Files (x86)\FnacDirect.UP.Meteor.Common for BizTalk\1.0\Deployment\Framework\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1556,5): error MSB4018: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80005000): Unknown error (0x80005000)\r                C:\Program Files (x86)\FnacDirect.UP.Meteor.Common for BizTalk\1.0\Deployment\Framework\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1556,5): error MSB4018:    at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)\r                C:\Program Files (x86)\FnacDirect.UP.Meteor.Common for BizTalk\1.0\Deployment\Framework\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1556,5): error MSB4018:    at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()\r                C:\Program Files (x86)\FnacDirect.UP.Meteor.Common for BizTalk\1.0\Deployment\Framework\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1556,5): error MSB4018:    at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_SchemaClassName()\r                C:\Program Files (x86)\FnacDirect.UP.Meteor.Common for BizTalk\1.0\Deployment\Framework\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1556,5): error MSB4018:    at DeploymentFramework.BuildTasks.CreateVirtualDirectory.Execute()\r                C:\Program Files (x86)\FnacDirect.UP.Meteor.Common for BizTalk\1.0\Deployment\Framework\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1556,5): error MSB4018:    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()\r                C:\Program Files (x86)\FnacDirect.UP.Meteor.Common for BizTalk\1.0\Deployment\Framework\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1556,5): error MSB4018:    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(ITaskExecutionHost taskExecutionHost, TaskLoggingContext taskLoggingContext, TaskHost taskHost, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Boolean& taskResult)            Done building target "DeployVDirs" in project "FnacDirect.UP.Meteor.Common.Deployment.btdfproj" -- FAILED.        Done building target "DeployBizTalkMgmtDB_true" in project "FnacDirect.UP.Meteor.Common.Deployment.btdfproj" -- FAILED.    Done building target "ServerDeploy" in project "FnacDirect.UP.Meteor.Common.Deployment.btdfproj" -- FAILED.Done building target "Deploy" in project "FnacDirect.UP.Meteor.Common.Deployment.btdfproj" -- FAILED.

and here is the script for the virtual directory

<WseExtensionPath>..\BuildOrderService.Host</WseExtensionPath>    <WseExtensionName>..\BuildOrderService.Host</WseExtensionName>

<!-- IIS-->  <ItemGroup>    <VDirList Include="*">      <Vdir>BuildOrderService.Host</Vdir>      <Physdir>..\BuildOrderService.Host</Physdir>      <AppPool>Service</AppPool>    </VDirList>  </ItemGroup>

thank you very much for your help

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Is the destination Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista or Windows 7?  If so, did you install the IIS 6 Compatibility features?

Thanks,
Tom

Sep 30, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Thank you it's worked

Oct 1, 2010 at 7:42 AM

I've got a new problem I want to embed vdir in the msi

for this purpose I put <IncludeCompsAndVDirsAsResources>true</IncludeCompsAndVDirsAsResources>

but I get a new error :

Information: Adding resource (-Type="System.BizTalk:WebDirectory" -Luid="/BuildOrderService.Host") to application "FnacDirect.UP.Meteor.Common"...  Error: Failed to add resource (Luid="System.BizTalk:WebDirectory", Type="/BuildOrderService.Host").  Serializing resource (-Type="System.BizTalk:WebDirectory" -Luid="/BuildOrderService.Host") failed.  Unable to serialize web directory "http://localhost/BuildOrderService.Host". Verify the location exists and is accessible.

but I check the location exists

Do you have an idea?

Coordinator
Oct 1, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Define "embed the vdir in the msi"...  You don't need IncludeCompsAndVDirsAsResources to get the vdir created during deployment.  Are you just looking to include the web service files in the MSI?

Thanks,
Tom