BizTalk 2010 Creating SSO apps - BTDF

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO
Nov 4, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Hi Tom,

Have you or anyone had any issues regarding SSOSettingsFileImport.exe in a BTS2010 dev environment.

I just cannot get BTDF to create THE SSO Affiliate app (with values). Here are the lines from the output when running BTDF deploy from within VS2010

DevlSSO:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\Framework\DeployTools\SSOSettingsFileImport.exe" LCC.Integration.Common /settingsFile:"C:\Projects\LCC\LCC.Integration.Common\Main\Src\LCC.Integration.Common\LCC.Integration.Common.Deployment\EnvironmentSettings\local_settings.xml" /userGroupName:"BizTalk Application Users" /adminGroupName:"BizTalk Server Administrators"

Affiliate application 'LCC.Integration.Common' was created.

Settings file was associated with application 'LCC.Integration.Common' in SSO.

DeploySSO:

Updated SSO config item with name: ProjectPath

I have three batch files that Check, Create or delete the SSO apps.

The following is the Check batch file contents

@echo off

REM

REM =====================================================================================

REM Returns values held in the SSO                                                                              

REM =====================================================================================

SET ConfigApp=LCC.Integration.Common

echo The SSO configuration values for %ConfigApp% are the following

echo.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\Framework\DeployTools\SSOSettingsFileImport.exe" %ConfigApp% /list

pause

When I run this batch file (after a BTDF deployment from VS) it produces the following output

The SSO configuration values for LCC.Integration.Common are the following

Press any key to continue . . .

No values are returned implying that nothing has been loaded into the SSO app. 

If I execute my delete batch file

@echo off

REM

REM                                                                                      

REM Delete SSO Application

REM                                                                                      

SET ConfigApp=LCC.Integration.Common

echo The SSO configuration values are the following

echo.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\Framework\DeployTools\SSOSettingsFileImport.exe" %ConfigApp% /deleteApp

pause

I get the following output

The SSO configuration values are the following

Affiliate application 'LCC.Integration.Common' deleted.

Press any key to continue . . .

This does imply that BTDF did in fact create the SSO app (but with no values).

If I now run the BTDF from within VS2010 again then I copy (from the BTDF output) the following command executed by BTDF

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\Framework\DeployTools\SSOSettingsFileImport.exe" LCC.Integration.Common /settingsFile:"C:\Projects\LCC\LCC.Integration.Common\Main\Src\LCC.Integration.Common\LCC.Integration.Common.Deployment\EnvironmentSettings\local_settings.xml" /userGroupName:"BizTalk Application Users" /adminGroupName:"BizTalk Server Administrators"

into a cmd prompt and then subsequently run my check batch file it does in fact return values as expected, which gives the impression that the BTDF SSO Create/Update is not working for some bizarre reason

This has manifested itself when attempting to access SSO through c# code to call

SSOSettingsFileReader.ReadString, The call is failing because it cannot find any values for the SSO app.

I have been working on this all day without any resolve so any help would be gratefully appreciated. 

Cheers

Jim

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2010 at 8:30 PM

I have not personally seen any issues with it on VS 2010/BizTalk 2010, x64 or x86, nor have I heard any other reports (which isn't to say there isn't some subtle issue).

To verify an assumption first, when it creates the SSO app that appears to have no entries in it, is your environment setting file (C:\Projects\LCC\LCC.Integration.Common\Main\Src\LCC.Integration.Common\LCC.Integration.Common.Deployment\EnvironmentSettings\local_settings.xml) populated with any values?  Have you deleted all of the exported .xml files under EnvironmentSettings and verified that the export is exporting what you expect from the spreadsheet?

After you deploy into SSO, if you use the Microsoft SSO Manager tool and enable the Config Store view, you should see your affiliate app at the bottom of the list.  Inside of it, you should see just one value -- I believe called xmlString.  You will not be able to see any more detail than that, but that would show you that the tool is loading the XML file into SSO properly.

I have to suspect here that your environment settings XML file that is being imported does not have any data in it...

Can you verify these things first?

Thanks,
Tom

Nov 5, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Hi Tom,

Thanks again for the quick reply.

All the setting xml files are created correctly when running a BTDF deployment and they do have content, so I am not quite sure what is going on, but it is definately not working as expected.

I am going to try this with the same code on a different environment and see what happens, also I have not tried looking at the SSO using the SSO manager.

Cheers

Jim