Multiple SSO Config Apps for Solution

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO
Nov 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Hi -

Is there a way to associate multiple SSO Config Apps with one tailored BTDF solution?

My client is currently using SSO to store all runtime configuration and to help with categorization multiple SSO apps are being used in a BTS solution. I have been looking through the documentation on SSO capabilities and it seems that only one app can be associated with one solution.

We have some custom scripts that I am thinking about calling as a post deploy/undeploy task but I rather not to do this if BTDF can natively handle it.

Thanks

Dave
Seattle

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2010 at 5:25 AM

Hi Dave,

That's correct, the built-in behavior is to create one SSO affiliate app per BizTalk application.  If it would help with the categorization issue, you can manage settings across multiple settings spreadsheets with another tool called SettingsMerger (http://settingsmerger.codeplex.com/).  [Eventually will be consolidated into the Environment Settings Manager project and become part of the Deployment Framework.]

Thanks,
Tom

Dec 1, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Hi Tom -

Thanks for the quick reply.

I took a look a this and it doesn't seem like it will work for our need.

I do agree it will help with the categorization, but it doesn't seem to work if the same name is duplicated with different values. This is one reason we are using different SSO app since the the runtime values can vary based on certain criteria. We are heavily using this form map translations where this comes into play. Perhaps we could work off-line togethr to discuss how this possibly could be included into the framework.

For now, we will you pre/post targets to do our custom SSO deployment.

Thanks

Dave

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Hi Dave,

Thanks.  If you have any ideas for how it could be incorporated, feel free to contact me through my profile page, or you could create it as an Issue Tracker suggestion.  Given that the 5.0 final release is approaching, it's not something that I could include myself any time soon, but you or others could certainly make the changes and contribute the code here!

Thanks,
Tom