silent insatllation and installing to non default directory

Topics: Server Deployment
Dec 1, 2010 at 10:19 AM

hi,

how to perform silent installation for biztalk application using BTDF and also how do i specify to insatll biztalk application to specific location say D:\Program Files (x86)\...

regards,

Amit

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Related to silent installation:
http://biztalkdeployment.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=213364

If you would like to pre-populate a default install folder for the MSI, you can set the property DefaultInstallDir in your .btdfproj (usually next to ProductUpgradeCode).  You'll see the result of setting that property by looking inside the .bat file that is generated along with the MSI.

Thanks,
Tom

Dec 2, 2010 at 11:14 PM

hi Tom,

thanks for replying, i already check that and created one for my project, one thing i want to confirm regarding capturing BTSACCOUNT property.

i am setting SET BTSACCOUNT=****/**** AND THEN

SET PARMS=DeployBizTalkMgmtDB=%BT_DEPLOY_MGMT_DB%;Configuration=Server;SkipUndeploy=%SKIPUNDEPLOY%;BtsAccount=%BTSACCOUNT%

please confirm BtsAccount property...

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Yes, you can set BTSACCOUNT="DOMAIN\USERNAME".  It will be used to configure any FILE adapter physical paths based on your binding file.

Thanks,
Tom

Dec 4, 2010 at 8:14 PM

thanks,

BTSACCOUNT="DOMAIN\USERNAME" property i am aware of, but when we are setting params at 

SET PARMS=DeployBizTalkMgmtDB=%BT_DEPLOY_MGMT_DB%;Configuration=Server;SkipUndeploy=%SKIPUNDEPLOY%;BtsAccount=%BTSACCOUNT%

i am not sure about BtsAccount property i am using right or wrong. can you please tell me if i am wrong what is right property name?

regards,

Amit 

Coordinator
Dec 5, 2010 at 5:58 AM

It isn't necessary to pass SkipUndeploy or BtsAccount to MSBuild on the command line.  MSBuild already sees all environment variables as MSBuild properties.

Thanks,
Tom

Dec 5, 2010 at 12:03 PM

ok that's cool, that means if i set this properties then i don't need to set as SET PARAM .

thanks a lot for your support; tool is really is great and it make deploymet so easy.

thanks,

Amit

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2010 at 7:32 AM

You're welcome, I'm glad that you're seeing the benefits of the tool!

Thanks,
Tom