This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Dumping suspended instances of a BZT 2010 Application

Topics: General Questions, Server Deployment, Tips and Tricks
Dec 17, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Hi

While undeploying an application before to proceed to the deploy of a new version of the same app, I am getting this error:

Stopping CapGemini.Adecco.AW.Bts.Core application...

Checking for existing service instances associated with application 'CapGemini.Adecco.AW.Bts.Core'...

D:\Packages\AdeccoWeb_6.8.1(Major)\BizTalk\Core\CapGemini.Adecco.AW.Bts.Core\Deployment\Framework\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1138,5): error : There is at least one service instance associated with the 'CapGemini.Adecco.AW.Bts.Core' application [Instance Status = Suspended]. An application be removed only when there are no associated service instances.

Done building target "PrepareAppForUndeploy" in project "CapGemini.Adecco.AW.Bts.Core.Deployment.btdfproj" -- FAILED.

Is possible to dump all suspended instanced of an application during the undeploy from the BTDFPROJ file ?

thanks

Julian

Dec 17, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Yes, you can automate it if you like.  It isn't automated out of the box because it's a bit risky to kill existing instances without examining them first in BizTalk Admin.

Just add this to your .btdfproj file:

<Target Name="CustomUnDeployTarget">
  <TerminateServiceInstances Application="$(BizTalkAppName)" />
</Target>

Thanks,
Tom

Dec 17, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Hi again TOM !!

thanks for the tip !! I will try you mentioned above !!

Julian

May 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Edited May 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Hi Tom,

I tried this setting, but it is not working for me. I am deploying it in Debug mode. Any issues with that?

It is erroring out in (PrepareAppForUndeploy target) step. Please advise.

Thanks,
Pavan
May 10, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Hi Pavan,

You'll want to upgrade to v5.1 (currently Beta 2). There is a new property called AutoTerminateInstances. It is already True for local Visual Studio deployments but False by default for server deployments. Since it appears that you are just doing a local deployment, the behavior you want is now the default in v5.1.

Thanks,
Tom