BtsNtSvc & Schema as Webservice

Topics: General Questions
Mar 9, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Hi,

First, what a great tool, makes deployment so easy.

Now, two questions.

1) I have a custom BtsNtSvc.exe.config in a folder, how can I copy this to Microsoft BizTalk Server folder during deployment.

2) There are couple of schemas which I need to expose for others to consume, is there a way I can automate it?

Thanks

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback!

1) Note that the Deployment Framework already pushes changes to the BTSNTSvc.exe.config in the areas of debugging options and AppDomain mapping.  You may choose to simply overwrite the whole file during your deployment, although if you do that in every BizTalk app deployment then you could easily end up with conflicting versions of the file.  That aside, you can create a target and ItemGroup similar to this:

<ItemGroup>
  <AdditionalFiles Include="BTSNTSvc.exe.config">
    <LocationPath>..\BizTalkConfig</LocationPath>
  </AdditionalFiles>
</ItemGroup>

<Target Name="CustomPostDeployTarget">
  <Copy DestinationFolder="$(BtsDir)" SourceFiles="..\BTSNTSvc.exe.config" />
</Target>

I didn't test this but it should be close.  I'm assuming here that you have a folder BizTalkConfig under your solution root that contains the BTSNTSvc.exe.config.

2) I guess I'd need to know how you are planning to expose the schemas.  Through web services?

Thanks,
Tom

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Hi Tom,

Thanks for quick reply.

1) Yes, I noticed that, it adds the xlang sections. But anyway your solution is useful if I want to copy some files to other dir.

2) Yes, through webservices.

Thanks

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2011 at 10:00 PM

2) Please see this thread and let me know if you still have questions, or post there.

Thanks,
Tom