This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

AdditionalAssemblies

Topics: General Questions
Apr 29, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Hi again,

I'm a big fan of the BTDF, but recently I've run into an issue with the AdditionalAssemblies that are deployed by the BTDF.

Essentially, I'm setting IncludeCompsAndVDirsAsResources to true in my BTDF project file, because I want my components included in the BizTalk Application I'm deploying to as resources... however, setting this flag also appears to force the AdditionalAssemblies to be deployed into the Application as resources, which is fine when I have only one BizTalk Application, but as soon as I have more than one, I get an error telling me eg SSOSettingsFileReader has already been deployed to another application.

I read in this other discussion http://biztalkdeployment.codeplex.com/discussions/229724?ProjectName=biztalkdeployment your suggestion of adding an ItemGroup with <AdditionalAssemblies Remove="*.dll" />, but when I attempt to deploy I get an error telling me that the Remove attribute is unrecognized.

As I don't need any of these additional assemblies to be deployed, is there a way that I can easily prevent their deployment?

Any help most appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Apr 29, 2011 at 5:55 PM

If Remove is unrecognized, then I assume you are running MSBuild 2.0 -- probably BizTalk 2006 R2?  If so, you could try <AdditionalAssemblies Include="" />.  I'll add the overwrite flag to the BTSTask.exe command in the final 5.0 release to take care of the conflict.

Thanks,
Tom