Templated Bindings

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO
Jun 7, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Edited Jun 7, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Hi,

Can you please share a sample to show how the templated bindings work? Not able to get much info by searching. Basically I want the receive locations pointing to different folders for DEV,QA and PROD.

Thanks

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Please see the BasicMasterBindings sample included with the Deployment Framework in the install folder.

Thanks,
Tom

Jun 7, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Thanks Tom

I had a look at the sample, seems I am looking at different scenario.

For example in DEV environment, my receive locations are FILE based, but in QA it will WCF based.

So I am thinking it is better to create 2 different portbindings file.

Is it possible to tell the framework to pick up say PortBindings1.xml for DEV and PortBindings2.xml for QA?

Thanks

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Actually, you should be able to make it fly with a single binding file.  The XmlPreprocess tool that does the merge of the settings into the bindings file has a lot more functionality beyond what is used in the sample.  You can make whole blocks of XML conditional with if statements, for instance.  That tool is fully documented here.  The documentation is not organized or categorized very well, so be sure to look through all of the sections (there's a horizonal list of links).

You'll probably need to set the MSBuild property RequireXmlPreprocessDirectives to true in your .btdfproj to enable the additional XmlPreprocess features.

Thanks,
Tom