This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Customize Wizard UI

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO, Server Deployment
Jul 15, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Shall i customize the UI part?

Jul 16, 2011 at 6:48 AM

I'm not sure what you are asking about.  You can add pages to the wizard that runs at deploy and undeploy time on the server by editing the InstallWizard.xml and UnInstallWizard.xml in your deployment project folder.  Other than that, the wizard UI cannot be modified.

Tom

Jul 19, 2011 at 8:49 PM
Edited Jul 19, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Thanks Tom.

I would like to take some input from the user using the UI . For example i've some BAM views to be deployed. i would like to give an option to enter the security group name from the wizard and give the permissions to that bamview.

Jul 19, 2011 at 9:49 PM

There is already a way to configure security on BAM views, which is covered in the documentation under "Security for Views".  You can create a new row in the EnvironmentSettings\SettingsFileGenerator.xml Excel spreadsheet named BAMViewsAndAccounts.  Once that row is in place in the spreadsheet, you need to include BAMViewsAndAccounts in the PropsFromEnvSettings ItemGroup in your .btdfproj.  (Something like <PropsFromEnvSettings Include="ssoAppUserGroup;ssoAppAdminGroup;BAMViewsAndAccounts" />)  When those two pieces are in place, security on the BAM views will be configured automatically.

If you do not want to use that method and instead want to do it manually with the user entering the security group names, then you can modify your InstallWizard.xml and add a new SetEnvUIConfigItem element to collect the new value (which will end up as a property to MSBuild).

Thanks,
Tom

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Thanks Tom.

Jul 28, 2011 at 8:50 AM
Edited Jul 28, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Tom,

BTDF is awesome. Thanks for providing a nice framework.

Am using SSO to manage my application settings(key\value pair) Am using  the tool provided by Microsoft (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=14524)to do this .

In the current version i couldn't find a way to import SSO application with the BTDF.

Microsoft has given  a build file with this for MSBuild which  contains the below definition

<Project xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003" > 

<Import Project="..\Sdc_Tasks_2.1.2688.0\Microsoft.Sdc.Common.tasks"/ >  

<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\MSBuildCommunityTasks\MSBuild.Community.Tasks.Targets" >  

<UsingTask TaskName="MSBuildTasks.ImportSSOConfigurationApplicationTask" AssemblyFile="$(MSBuildProjectDirectory)\SSOConfigurationImportTask.dll" />

<Target Name="ImportSSOApp" >

<ImportSSOConfigurationApplicationTask EncryptionKey="test" EncryptedFile="C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\SSO App Export\TestApp.sso" /> 

<Message Text="Imported SSO Application" />

</Target> 

</Project >

Is this already included with current version?

If not can you please consider this for the future release?

How can i Include this script with BTDF 5.0?

Regards

Balu

Jul 28, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Hi Balu,

I think you have opened SettingsFileGenerator.xml in Excel (<deploymentproject>\EnvironmentSettings folder) for the BAM security that we discussed earlier.  That is the source for ALL settings that you wish to make easily changeable during deployment or at runtime.

If you set <IncludeSSO>true</IncludeSSO> in your .btdfproj, then the settings from the spreadsheet for the current environment will automatically be loaded into SSO.  In your Deployment Framework install folder, under Framework\DeployTools, you'll find an assembly SSOSettingsFileReader.dll.  You can reference that in any of your BizTalk projects and call it from C#, expression shape or even in maps.  You simply pass the methods your <ProjectName> value and the name of the setting you want (rows in the spreadsheeet).

Hope that helps.  Also, please take a look at the documentation for some more info on the spreadsheet.

Thanks,
Tom

Jul 28, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Thanks for the quick reply Tom.

I'm not intrested to keep all my settings that are available in spreadsheet to SSO. (ex:port bindings,security groups). Am intrested to keep only specific application settings which are not installer settings.

How can i differentiate the items that has to goto SSO and that are not required for SSO. using SSOApplicationConfiguration console we can have logical seperation of applications with the application name. 

All key\value pairs will fall under a specific appliation(we have to provide this name)

Regards

Balu

Jul 29, 2011 at 6:02 AM

The complete XML from the environment specific XML file (from those that you find exported next to the SettingsFileGenerator.xml) is directly loaded into SSO, so all of the key/values from the spreadsheet will end up in SSO for runtime access.  Does the presence of "extra" key/values in SSO present a problem?  It's just extra data stored that you may never access at runtime, but it does not create any extra runtime overhead or meaningful memory or storage consumption.

As far as the current tools go, there is no built-in way to import only a subset of the settings.

The other SSO tool that you mentioned uses an incompatible format, so the BTDF tools cannot read that data and vice versa.  Nothing would prevent you from using that tool if you really prefer it, but you would have to get the data loaded through custom scripting, like a custom MSBuild task (not sure what that tool provides to load data from a script).

Thanks,
Tom