All orchestration ports must be bound and the host must be set

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO, General Questions, Getting Started/Beginner, Server Deployment
Sep 21, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I created the binding file from BizTalk Admin, exporting the bindings to <yourBizTalkProject>\Deployment\PortBindings.xml. I am getting this error when I try to deploy. 

Could not enlist orchestration 'TryBTSDeployment.Orchestration.BTSProcessing,TryBTSDeployment.Orchestration, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b12b3e18ce40b4bb'. Could not enlist orchestration 'TryBTSDeployment.Orchestration.BTSProcessing'. All orchestration ports must be bound and the host must be set

I have tried this option as mentioned in another thread, but it doesn't work for me.

<Target Name="CustomPostDeployTarget">
<Exec
Command="BTSTask.exe RemoveResource -ApplicationName:&quot;$(BizTalkAppName)&quot; -Luid:&quot;FullyQualifiedNameOfBindingFileResource&quot;" />
</Target>

Could anyone point me what I am doing wrong?
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2011 at 10:49 PM

I assume that you created your deployment project with the Add New Project wizard in Visual Studio.  Does your .btdfproj include a setting for UsingMasterBindings (or anything like MasterBindings)?  Do you have a PortBindingsMaster.xml or just PortBindings.xml?  When you see the "could not enlist" message it means exactly what it says -- not all of the ports on the orchestration have been bound.  Before you exported the bindings file, did you fully Start the application in BizTalk Admin?

Thanks,
Tom