This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

IIS - Place source in specific directory

Topics: IIS and Web Services
Nov 17, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Hi,

Just a quick question about having a defined directory for the source of a web site, I tried to use the re-dist directory as the source but found IIS complained about duplicate bin components. I do have a source directory but I would prefer to use a directory on another drive.

Code:

<MakeDir Directories="$(RedistDir)\EvService" />

<!-- Force MSBuild to expand the item spec into physical file specs -->
    <CreateItem Include=".\source\EvService\**\*.*">
      <Output TaskParameter="Include" ItemName="EventServiceGroup" />
    </CreateItem>

<Target Name="CustomRedist">

<Copy DestinationFolder="$(RedistDir).\EvService\%(RecursiveDir)" SourceFiles="@(EventServiceGroup)"/>

</Target>

Is there a way to not include the bin directory being copied to IIS and to use the directory for the bin in the redist... or what would be the recommended way for web site deployments?

Thanks

David.......

Nov 21, 2011 at 3:57 PM

In the past, when I've included web services in a BTDF MSI I've simply pointed the IIS vdir to the web service's folder within the BizTalk app's installation path (C:\Program Files\MyBizTalkApp\1.0\MyAppWS).  (CustomRedist target is used to copy the web service folder into $(RedistDir), where it's packaged into the MSI.  Then it's available in the install folder on the server.)  I'm not sure that I'm completely understanding your question.

Is all of the text you pasted inside the CustomRedist target (it doesn't show that way)?

Thanks,
Tom

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Hi Tom,

Thanks a previous discussion has resolved this issue.