Duplicate Schemas and DocumentSpecNames

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO
Jan 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Edited Jan 5, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Based on http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/rel/archive/2011/04/04/the-plus-in-documentspecname.aspx, I am attempting to include a plus sign (+) in a DocumentSpecNames element of my PortBindingsMaster.xml as follows:

...PipelineData>...<DocumentSpecNames vt="8">Assembly.And.Type.Name.Omitted+RootName,Assembly.Name.Omitted, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=Omitted</DocumentSpecNames>

The xml preprocessor is replacing the + with a space, which causes an error when the pipeline encounters a message.

Q1) Do you use DocumentSpecNames to avoid schema collisions between applications, or do you strategically deploy common schemas (and other components) via a shared application which is referenced as needed?

Q2) Regardless of the first answer, as a temporary solution, how can I force the xml preprocessor to output a plus sign (+)?

-Vercellone

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Hi,

1)  I very often have a common application that contains shared schemas and other artifacts, and reference it from other BizTalk apps.  The downside is having to undeploy a lot of other apps to redeploy the common app.

2)  The plus sign issue is fixed in the latest source (Source Code tab), so you could take the latest ElementTunnel.exe from DeployTools and update your current copy.

Thanks,
Tom

Jan 5, 2012 at 11:51 PM

1)  I figured as much.  I have some common pipeline components and external assemblies I need in multiple projects so I'll implement that strategy in the near future for those along with my common schemas.

2)  Works as advertised!

Thanks, Tom.

-Vercellone