Transform fails to update on redeploy

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO, Server Deployment
Jan 23, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Hi

I am seeing an issue around an inbound transform on a Rcv port when i try and redeploy my application. The message is telling me that the map doesn't exsist even though i can see it within the admin console.

i have customise all the build targets to -Overwrite.

Observations:

If i remove the application before i deploy then it works as expected! However i have multiple solutions running under 1 application so this is not an option.

If i manually remove the transform before i deploy then this works as well, however i cant see how to do this within my CI process using the MSBuild targets.

Have you seen this before?

i am thinking of running custom SQL scripts to remove the offending map from the Mgmt DB before the process starts but this seem like a lot of hurdles to jump though.

Thanks i advance

Simon

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Hi Simon,

From the sounds of it you're not using the standard Deployment Framework process, so I'm not sure how to address this from a BTDF perspective.  Perhaps you can clarify your implementation.  The Framework just uses btstask.exe to deploy maps, so you could call it with an Exec task to remove the offending map.

Thanks,
Tom

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Cheers Tom

I found the offending object.

When BizTalk deploys using BTSTAsk.exe it seems to be creating cached copies of Bindings by reflecting the currently installed application resources then places them in C:\Users\(UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\BizTalk Server\Deployment\Bindings which it then trys to re import after!

When i deleted these files as the BTDF was executing - the problem stopped.

I couldnt figure out how to get BizTalk to stop writing these cached binding files so as a work around i am using BTSTAsk RemoveResource to remove the offending Orch dll in a PostInitialise target

Anyway - Good work on the BTDF it's saving me hours in writing my own targets.

Thanks for your response

Simon