This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

SSOSettingsFileReader Returned no data

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO, General Questions, Server Deployment
Mar 27, 2012 at 3:34 PM

All,

We've been using SSOSettingsFileReader.ReadString in many of our applications with great success. (Thanks so much for this framework)
During our recent testing, we encountered something a little alarming. Hopefully someone has seen this and there is a solution:

One of our orchestrations did the ReadString which returned no data. (It returned an empty string) There were no exceptions thrown, and there were no entries in the event log. When we use the SSO Editor tool that is deployed with the MSI, it shows the correct information stored in the SSO.

Please let me know if you have any advice for this.

Thanks,

Chris

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Hi Chris,

Is this something that you can replicate, or it happened once and no one has seen it since?  I've never had this reported before.  The code is pretty aggressive with locking, so while I might guess a threading-related issue, it seems unlikely.  All the code in the read method is inside a lock {}.

If you can reproduce it would certainly help to find a solution.

Thanks,
Tom