This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Pipeline Deployment

Topics: Server Deployment
Mar 28, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Hi all,

The binding import fails for a specific port because it can't find the new pipeline in the same deployment (different project). Is there a way to be sure the pipeline is deployed first? I've attempted to force this by including (.btdfproj file) all the projects as "Schemas" vs. using "Pipelines" for the pipeline project.

Cannot update send port "ESB.Orchestrations_1.0.0.0_ESB.Orchestrations.EmailService_SMTPPort_c5b47d2e4b9be7d9".

Cannot set send port "ESB.Orchestrations_1.0.0.0_ESB.Orchestrations.EmailService_SMTPPort_c5b47d2e4b9be7d9" send pipeline. Send pipeline "ESB.Pipeline.Components.V1.EmailMimeSMimeEncoder, ESB.Pipeline.Components, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c7fb8e4863e1a6f9" not found.

Thanks

Larry

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Hi all,

A follow up. I'm now getting this error after correcting the .btdfproj file to correctly include the different artifact types. I missed setting a value to true, but the problem is the same. This port uses a custom pipeline.

Unable to deploy early bindings.

Failed to update binding information.

Larry

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Hi all,

Figured it out. I have to make the pipeline a deployment include of "Schemas". I also made it first in the list. All seems well.

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Hi Larry,

Bindings are not imported until all artifacts have been deployed to BizTalk and/or the GAC.  After the bindings import fails, look in BizTalk Admin and verify that every artifact is in place.  The custom pipeline is deployed into the same BizTalk application as the rest of the artifacts, right?

Try deploying up to the error, then manually bind things in BizTalk Admin, then export the bindings file and compare it to the PortBindings.xml in your deployment project.  Something as subtle as Visual Studio auto-formatting the XML while editing a bindings file can corrupt it, and the only way you can find things like that is a file compare to a known good file (new export from BizTalk Admin).  I like to use WinMerge as a compare tool.

Thanks,
Tom

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Hi Larry,

Do you have anything other than the custom pipeline component in the same assembly?  Do you have an orchestration that directly calls the pipeline?  Do you have IncludePipelineComponents set to true?  Under typical circumstances it doesn't make sense that you'd solve a binding import error by changing a pipeline component into a Schemas ItemGroup.

Thanks,
Tom

Mar 29, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Thanks for the reply. I did try setting the include to pipelines instead of schemas. It failed with the same error. The only interesting thing about this is the fact some of the orchestration ports are early bound. I thought the same as you, the bindings come after deploying the artifacts. I tried allowing the pipeline to deploy by itself and using the regular BT deploy to finish and it worked. Once I moved the pipeline to the first item in the BTDF file and changed it to schemas it worked. The pipeline does not have anything else (schemas, maps, etc.) in the project. The orchestration project is mixed.

Larry R. Meadows

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 07:54:05 -0700
Subject: Re: Pipeline Deployment [biztalkdeployment:350320]

Hi Larry,
Do you have anything other than the custom pipeline component in the same assembly? Do you have an orchestration that directly calls the pipeline? Do you have IncludePipelineComponents set to true? Under typical circumstances it doesn't make sense that you'd solve a binding import error by changing a pipeline component into a Schemas ItemGroup.
Thanks,
Tom
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (biztalkdeployment@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email biztalkdeployment@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Mar 29, 2012 at 5:19 AM

Larry, when this occurred were you doing a Full Deploy or a Quick Deploy?  I noticed that in the quick deploy, the order of deployment of pipeline components and pipelines is reversed.  Doesn't seem like it should matter, but perhaps related.

Thanks,
Tom