PortBindingsMaster.xml documentation

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO, Getting Started/Beginner
Jun 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Hi there

I am working through changes to my portbindingsmaster.xml file, and I wanted to add the parameter MaxReceivedMessageSize parameter to the file, but was unsure where this should go in the xml.  

Is there a doc or xsd schema showing where the MaxReceivedMessageSize (or any parameter for that matter) should go inside the portbindingsmaster file?

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2012 at 4:17 AM

The WCF configuration is nested inside the transport type data, something like /BindingInfo/ReceivePortCollection/ReceivePort/ReceiveLocations/ReceiveLocation/ReceiveLocationTransportTypeData/CustomProps/BindingConfiguration for a receive location and /BindingInfo/SendPortCollection/SendPort/*/TransportTypeData/CustomProps/BindingConfiguration for a send port.  Since it's a nested XML fragment, it's encoded XML.  (Which is why we have ElementTunnel.exe and the ApplyXmlEscape property to help you maintain it.)

There isn't a good way to manually add it.  The best thing to do is use BizTalk Admin to configure it on a WCF-Custom adapter, then export the binding file and copy and paste the fragment into your own master bindings file.

Thanks,
Tom