BTDF and Binding file /SSO - passwords entered in ports

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO
Sep 27, 2012 at 3:16 PM

2 questions :

1 . Does BTDF does a full install all the time for an application ?, it removes applciation  and import binding file,import msi etc ?

My concern is the passwords  that are enterd  in production for send ports and recieve location .. If its a re import of the binding file these needs to be entered again any time you re-deploy  and applciation that has more that  10 recieve/send port that will be unnecessary administrative task .

Not sure how all the people who are using the framework dealing with this issue ?

Is there any option to avoid this after the first installation..Like don'r remove the application and just run the MSI ?

2. How is the SSO values managed ? Lets say if I have a connections string information is SSO ? Where do I store this  to be used by BTDF ?

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2012 at 4:44 PM

On a server deployment the application is always fully undeployed (deleted) and redeployed.  You'll want to maintain any passwords in the Excel settings spreadsheet (SettingsFileGenerator.xml).  Your operations group can keep their own copy of it and use that at deployment time.  This spreadsheet feeds both templated merges into XML files (your binding file being the most common) and the loads into SSO for access at runtime.  The documentation for that begins here.  The BasicMasterBindings sample is a good starting point for using the settings spreadsheet.

Thanks,
Tom