"SSOSettingsFileReader" not as a resource with "IncludeCompsAndVDirsAsResources" turned on

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO, General Questions, Getting Started/Beginner, Tips and Tricks
Oct 17, 2012 at 4:05 PM

We do want the helper utilities in the project to include as a resource to BizTalk, however, whenever I turn on "IncludeCompsAndVDirsAsResources=true" then I have the "SSOSettingsFileReader" added to the resource as well.. this is not a problem but will be if I have multiple solutions, it will complain "SSOSettingsFileReader" already added. Is there a way to disable the "SSOSettingsFileReader" from adding to the resource (gac only) with only the dll in my projects added as resources?

Than ks!

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2012 at 5:02 AM

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask a question back to you first -- why do you need to add the artifacts as resources (IncludeCompsAndVDirsAsResources=true)?  Since you are using or considering the Deployment Framework for BizTalk, it fully manages all dependencies for you and generally negates the need to associate resources with a BizTalk application.

Thanks,
Tom