Missing Step 2 - Select Binding File for Environment

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO, Server Deployment
Nov 6, 2012 at 10:59 PM

When I do the "start deploying to BizTalk when I finish", I see the Local, Dev, QA, PROD files created in the command window, then the the series of windows pops-up, but I see Step 1 of 2 (the account name), then Step 2 of 2 (This is the LAST server in the group).

I normally see three steps, where Step 2 tells me to pick the file name relating to my environment.

I let the BizTalk Software Factory (of the "Guidance Package") create the project and the btdfproj file.  I've tuned it a little, and added these items:

<UsingMasterBindings>True</UsingMasterBindings>
    <EnableXmlPreprocess>True</EnableXmlPreprocess>
    <RequireXmlPreprocessDirectives>False</RequireXmlPreprocessDirectives>

So I'm not sure what it takes to get the Step 2 screen.

Also, I'm seeing a dash on the end of my filename: QT.DeltaFMA.Extract-.msi.
I set <EnableSideBySide>false</EnableSideBySide>
       <ProductName>QT.DeltaFMA.Extract</ProductName>     
      <ProductVersion>1.0.0</ProductVersion>
The name in ControlPanel- Add/Remove Programs shows QT.DeltaFMA.Extract 1.0.0.

Thanks,
Neal Walters

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2012 at 5:13 AM

Hello again Neal -- haven't heard from you in a long time!

As of this writing, the BizTalk Software Factory is not going to produce correct results because it was built with a much older release of the Deployment Framework.  I carefully crafted the new project template that is used by the Framework's Add New Project wizard, and that is the only supported way to create a new Deployment Framework project.

You don't have the "pick an XML file" step because it is not included in your InstallWizard.xml.  After the - would be the version number, but a property is evidently not being set.

I highly recommend that you discard the Deployment Framework for BizTalk project generated by the Factory and use V5.0 Final's Add New Project wizard, and refer to the included sample apps for further examples.  At the very least generate a new project with the Wizard and do a file compare against what the Factory created.

Thanks,
Tom

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Thanks.  A new guy introduced me to the BizTalk software factory, so I gave it a try.

Good to be back on BTDF.  My last client used BizTalk Build Generator, so there was a learning curve there.

Neal