ERROR: Could not open an OLE DB connection to the Excel file

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO, Server Deployment
Feb 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM
First - BTDF is wonderful!

I've been happily using the latest version on my development VM since release.

Today I hit the single arrow local deploy button from within VS2010. All is will until it gets to the task to ExportBAMXMLFromXLS. I then get the following error:

ERROR: Could not open an OLE DB connection to the Excel file. Export from XLSX requires installation of Microsoft Office 2007 or Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable or JET 4.0 for XLS.
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1918,5): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\Framework\DeployTools\ExportBamDefinitionXml.exe"

I have Office 2010 32bit Standard installed and as I said, this had been working fine.

I've tried running a "Repair" against the office installation using the install ISO but this hasn't fixed the problem.

Any ideas?
Feb 7, 2013 at 4:18 PM
<div>Hi Rob,</div> <div><br> </div> <div>Looks like you are having fun!</div> <div><br> </div> <div>I'm also immersed in BTDF at the moment, though BAM-free for now...</div> <div><br> </div> <div>I have a vague re-collection we saw something like this when we were doing our initial BAM work...but I'm damned if I can remember exactly what and why :-(</div> <div><br> </div> <div>I've a vague memory of having to export the XML from the tool at one point and use that rather than the spreadsheet.</div> <div><br> </div> <div>Sorry I can't be more help but I haven't looked at that stuff since I finished the PoC back in July - looks like I will have some head scratching to do too...!</div> <div><br> </div> <div>Have tried posting to the BTDF forum in case it is something they have encountered?</div> <div><br> </div> <div>Hope you and the guys are well. How are things going?</div> <div><br> </div> <div>All the best,</div> <div><br> </div> <div><br> </div> <div>Simon</div> <div><br> Sent from my iPhone</div> <div><br> On 7 Feb 2013, at 15:32, &quot;robbowman&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:notifications@codeplex.com">notifications@codeplex.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br> <br> </div> <div></div> <blockquote type="cite"> <div> <p>From: robbowman</p> <div id="ThreadNotificationPostBody">First - BTDF is wonderful! <br> <br> I've been happily using the latest version on my development VM since release. <br> <br> Today I hit the single arrow local deploy button from within VS2010. All is will until it gets to the task to ExportBAMXMLFromXLS. I then get the following error: <br> <br> ERROR: Could not open an OLE DB connection to the Excel file. Export from XLSX requires installation of Microsoft Office 2007 or Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable or JET 4.0 for XLS. <br> C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1918,5): error MSB3073: The command &quot;&quot;C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\Framework\DeployTools\ExportBamDefinitionXml.exe&quot; <br> <br> I have Office 2010 32bit Standard installed and as I said, this had been working fine. <br> <br> I've tried running a &quot;Repair&quot; against the office installation using the install ISO but this hasn't fixed the problem. <br> <br> Any ideas?<br> </div> </div> </blockquote>
Coordinator
Feb 7, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Hi Rob,

If I'm reading this right, you've been using the same configuration successfully for a while and it just started failing today? Could the BAM definition workbook be locked or corrupt? Are you still able to open the BAM definition workbook and save it? Have you rebooted?

You can try reinstalling the actual OLEDB drivers. This is the Office 2007 one and this is the Office 2010 one (use 32-bit version).

Thanks,
Tom
Apr 28, 2015 at 7:55 AM
We had a similar problem today. The fix was to remove a read-only flag TFS had placed on the folder