Bindings only msi

Topics: Server Deployment
Mar 13, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Is it possible to create a BTDF msi for an application that doesn't have any visual studio artifacts? I have an "application" that is basically just a bindings file; no schemas, maps, orchestrations, etc. (it moves files around without changing anything). Manual deployment is trivial (just inport the bindings file) but I would like to automate it. I have successfully automated deployments of more complicated BTDF msi's and was wondering if it was an option in this case. Or is there a way to just import a bindings file with powershell? Thanks.
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Hi, the answer is probably yes... I have not tried that for a long time, but if you set IncludeSchemas, IncludeTransforms and IncludeOrchestrations all to False it should still work OK. It may be overkill for something that simple. You can use a couple of BTSTask.exe calls in a batch file and maybe that's good enough.

Thanks,
Tom
May 13, 2015 at 2:04 PM
I know its couple of years old but is it possible to do this. Thanks.
May 15, 2015 at 11:08 PM
It is possible. You have have to start with a solution with an empty BizTalk project, then add the BTDF project. In the btdfproj file don't include any dlls to deploy. Configure the project to not include any artifacts, but do include the binding file.