Event tracking on default pipelines gets disabled by undeploy

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO
Mar 15, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Edited Mar 15, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Hi,

Has anyone else experienced this issue? When undeploying an application with the BTDF, event tracking on some of the DefaultPipelines gets disabled.

More specifically, I have an application that was deployed with the framework. Through an application reference to BizTalk.System, it uses the default pipelines PassThruTransmit and XMLReceive, as well as other custom receive pipelines. When I undeploy the application with the framework, the tracking options on pipeline events "Port start and end events" and "Message send and receive events" get disabled on pipelines "PassThruReceive" and "PassThruTransmit".

Any idea what could be causing this behavior?

Thank you,

Nkishi.
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Most tracking state information is stored within the binding file. Once you have your app deployed and you have configured all of the tracking the way that you like, use BizTalk Admin to export the bindings for your app. Use a diff tool like WinMerge to compare the exported bindings file against the bindings file within your BTDF project folder, and I'd guess you will see some tracking-related attributes that are different. Copy those over into the project's bindings file.

Thanks,
Tom
Mar 15, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Hi Thomas,

After further investigation, it turns out the issue has nothing to do with the deployment framework. My pipeline tracking is getting disabled simply by deleting an application that uses one of the default pipelines. I will pursue this issue in the BizTalk community forums and with Microsoft. Here are the steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new BizTalk application called Test;
2. Create a one-way receive port in this application;
3. Create a FILE receive location against the receive port, leaving the receive pipeline to its default value (PassThruReceive);
4. Verify the tracking settings are enabled on all four pipelines;
5. Delete application Test;
6. Check if tracking settings are still enabled on all four pipelines;
Thanks for your help,

Nkishi.
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2013 at 6:57 AM
OK, thanks for posting your findings!
Apr 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM
This issue was observed when CU3, CU4 or CU5 have been installed, and can be resolved by installing the hotfix associated with KB 2802453.

Cheers,

Nkishi.