BTDF 5.1 Beta

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO, Project Announcements
Apr 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM
HI Tom,

There is a problem with the latest beta release of BTDF relating to the Microsoft.BizTalk.Interop.SSOClient dll and the SSOSettingsFileImport.

It would appear that Microsoft have created a new version (.net 4.x) of this dll with the released version of BTS2013 which is installed into GAC_MSIL, on beta BTS2013 this dll was installed into the Windows\Assembly GAC.

As a workaround I copied the BTS2013 beta dll (found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterprise Single Sign-On) and installed into the Assembly GAC on a BTS2013 release machine this fixed the issue.

I am assuming SSOSettingFileImport needs re-compiling with the new version of ..SSOClient.

I haven't tried all the BTDF options but the main options (Deploy/Undeploy/Quick deploy) all work as normal.

BTDF is without doubt the best BizTalk addin.

Cheers
Jim McLay
Apr 18, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Hi Tom,

Quick update.

Apart from the SSOSettingFileImport issue the 5.1 beta release works (as per 5.0) with all BTDF options including Creating Msi's, Installing them and then deployment into BizTalk.

One further thing I did, I had to download WiX 3.7 for VS2012 to get some of the ESB components to build I copied all the 3.7 Wix bin contents into the BTDF Wix folder and the Msi's were still successfully created, so I think it will be possible to upgrade to the latest WiX version.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Jim McLay
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Hi Jim,

Thanks a lot for the info. I had not had time to download 2013 RTM but am doing it now.

The latest (unreleased) 5.1 codebase already incorporates WiX 3.7. It also looks for a locally installed WiX before using the bundled version. If WiX 3.8 comes out and someone installs it, the Deployment Framework will pick it up and use it (assuming the WiX team doesn't change around their registry keys). It's also possible now to override a WixDir property and point to wherever you have the WiX binaries. I have one project where the WiX binaries are in a Dependencies\WiX\v3.7 folder in TFS, and we just point to that copy (with WixDir) in the .btdfproj and map it into a TFS build workspace along with the code.

I'll look into the SSOClient issue.

Thanks,
Tom
May 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I've tried to write down the steps required to fix this, hopefully this helps;

http://snefs.blogspot.nl/2013/05/biztalk-deployment-framework-btdf-51.html
Coordinator
May 10, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Please upgrade to the v5.1 Beta 2 release.
Jun 6, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Perfect, thanks