Add Reference To Another BizTalk Application during deploy

Topics: General Questions
Jun 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM
I have a situation where I need to reference a common biztalk application from a separate biztalk application so I can utilize the common pipelines I have created in the secondary app. I could have sworn I had seen something about this in the documentation but after doing a search of the discussions section here and also the documentation I couldn't seem to find mention of it

How can I go about adding the reference to the common app during the deployment of the secondary app?
Jun 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Here is the entry you need to put into Deployment.btdfproj.

<ItemGroup>
<AppsToReference Include="Shared Application Name Goes Here" />
</ItemGroup>

Chris J Albertson
Principal | Integration Architecture and Development Services
SIBRIDGE Consulting

Jun 26, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Thanks, I knew it was in there somewhere "Reference" didn't turn anything up in searches for some reason.

That works, but now BTDF tries to start the application I am trying to reference before bouncing hosts and turning on the actual application I am deploying. Any way to bypass trying to start the referenced application? I have a few orchestrations that I keep unbound and unenlisted to avoid confusion (They are unused, versioned orchestrations that may be put into use at a later date)
Coordinator
Jun 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Add this property to your .btdfproj:
<StartReferencedApplicationsOnDeploy>false</StartReferencedApplicationsOnDeploy>
Thanks,
Tom