BTDF 5.1 for TFS 2012 Build Server

Topics: General Questions
Oct 11, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I am trying to setup a TFS 2012 Build Server for BizTalk 2013 + BTDF 5.1, and I am getting an error installing BTDF (5.1, Beta 2), saying that BizTalk (2006 R2, 2009, 2010 or 2013) must be installed. I have already installed the BizTalk Project Build Component...do I need to install additional pieces?

I don't see any other requirements in the documentation (http://www.tfabraham.com/BTDFDocs/V5_0/).

Thanks,
Dan
Coordinator
Oct 11, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Hi Dan,

The installer is looking for the standard BizTalk 32-bit registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\BizTalk Server\3.0\ProductName. You'll find that on all BizTalk servers and dev workstations. If you find that it is not present on the server after installing the Project Build Component, please let me know. I can't fix the BizTalk installer but could at least put a note into the Deployment Framework documentation.

You can also check the Deployment Framework files into TFS and skip installing it on the server, but I don't have that documented yet.

Thanks,
Tom
Oct 14, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Thanks Tom,
Thanks so much for the quick response. One questions: will this key be there if I’m working with the 64-bit version of BizTalk? I am examining my machine and will let you know if this registry key is not there. Is the recommended workaround if they key is not there to check-in the BTDF files to TFS or to manually create the registry key? Finally, if I do check the BTDF files in...which ones specifically need to be checked in?
Thanks,
Dan
Sent from Windows Mail
Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎October‎ ‎11‎, ‎2013 ‎3‎:‎59‎ ‎PM
To: [email removed]

Hi Dan,

The installer is looking for the standard BizTalk 32-bit registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\BizTalk Server\3.0\ProductName. You'll find that on all BizTalk servers and dev workstations. If you find that it is not present on the server after installing the Project Build Component, please let me know. I can't fix the BizTalk installer but could at least put a note into the Deployment Framework documentation.

You can also check the Deployment Framework files into TFS and skip installing it on the server, but I don't have that documented yet.

Thanks,
Tom
Oct 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Hi Tom,
Just a quick update. I discovered that the silent installation I had for BizTalk on the TFS Build server was missing an option on the ADDLOCAL parameter, resulting in the registry keys not being created. I fixed that issue, and the 5.1 Beta 2 install of the BTDF went as expected.
Thank you again for your quick reply. I’ll post an update to this issue showing the silent install option so that others know as well.
Cheers,
Dan
Sent from Windows Mail
Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎October‎ ‎11‎, ‎2013 ‎3‎:‎59‎ ‎PM
To: [email removed]

Hi Dan,

Thanks,
Tom