SSOSettingsFileManager cache time

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO
Nov 7, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Hi. how to I change the time for the caching in the SSOSettingsFileManager?
I cant have only 60 sec since the solution Im running with will be up and running 24/7 and will only need new SSO values if I do a redeploy which will reslut in a restart of the SSO host anyway.
Coordinator
Nov 7, 2013 at 2:53 PM
It cannot be configured. It's hardcoded in Tools\SSOSettingsFileImport\SSOSettingsFileImport\SSOHelper.cs. I wouldn't worry about these very small hits to the SSO database. It is not going to affect your BizTalk system performance.

Thanks,
Tom
Nov 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Ah ok. Thanks for the quick answer.

Followup question. Our read from the SSO is made in the orchestrations. Is the cache made outside of the orchestration so even if we start 100 orchestrations over the course of 60 seconds (the cache interval) only one call to the database is made or is the cache made on each orchestration? Our solution will run around 5000 messages a day spread over 2-3 orchestrations per message. I would hope that this does not lead to up to 15000 calls to the sso database but rather max 1440 calls (60times/hour * 24).
I hope you understand what Im getting at!
Have a nice weekend! :)
Coordinator
Nov 8, 2013 at 3:15 PM
The "cache" is really just a static variable, which means that there is one instance of it for an entire AppDomain. Generally all of the orchestrations within a particular host instance will be running in the same AppDomain, so you shouldn't see the explosion of calls that you described. I went looking quickly for a reference and found this article.

Thanks!
Tom