BTDF deployment issue.

Topics: Server Deployment
Jan 31, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Hi All,
I generated a MSI using BTDF and installed on 2 servers A and B. A server has visual studio 2012 installed and B server does not have VS 2012. When I go for deploying my application, in B server I am getting this error-

EXEC : error : Referenced assembly "Microsoft.BizTalk.TestTools, Version=3.0.1.
0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" could not be located on local machine's filesystem,

while on B server it got deployed successfully. I tried including this assembly in the BTDF external assemblies but still it failed to deploy.

Can anybody tell me a solution for this? Thanks All.
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2014 at 2:36 PM
When you have Enable Unit Testing set to True in the project properties, you will have a reference to Microsoft.BizTalk.TestTools.dll. When that is the case, you must have Visual Studio and BizTalk installed on the target server. For your release build configuration you should disable Enable Unit Testing.

If you leave it as True, the only supported way to install that DLL is to install Visual Studio and then BizTalk with the developer tools (or install Visual Studio after BizTalk then repair BizTalk and/or add the developer tools feature).

Thanks,
Tom
Jul 21, 2015 at 3:42 PM
Enable Unit Testing property is set to false. But I am getting the below error while deploying the application on target server.

"Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.BizTalk.TestTools, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"

FYI - Project Property

<PropertyGroup Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Debug|AnyCPU' ">
<DebugSymbols>true</DebugSymbols>
<DebugType>full</DebugType>
<Optimize>false</Optimize>
<OutputPath>bin\Debug\</OutputPath>
<DefineConstants>DEBUG;TRACE</DefineConstants>
<ErrorReport>prompt</ErrorReport>
<WarningLevel>4</WarningLevel>
<CodeAnalysisRuleSet>AllRules.ruleset</CodeAnalysisRuleSet>
<EnableUnitTesting>False</EnableUnitTesting>
</PropertyGroup>
<PropertyGroup Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Release|AnyCPU' ">
<DebugType>pdbonly</DebugType>
<Optimize>true</Optimize>
<OutputPath>bin\Release\</OutputPath>
<DefineConstants>TRACE</DefineConstants>
<ErrorReport>prompt</ErrorReport>
<WarningLevel>4</WarningLevel>
<CodeAnalysisRuleSet>AllRules.ruleset</CodeAnalysisRuleSet>
</PropertyGroup>

Please advise...

Thanks,
Dilip
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2015 at 5:33 AM
You have EnableUnitTesting in the Debug PropertyGroup, but not in the release PropertyGroup. Maybe that's the issue.