Server deployment doesn't copy pipeline component

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO, Server Deployment
Feb 13, 2014 at 9:11 PM
I have a unique problem that somebody here might be able to help me with. I have a Server deploy .msi that uses the PortBindingsMaster file. The deployment all goes fine, except that on a receive location that is two way, the SendPipeline reverts to the default pipeline (PassThruTransmit) and not what's in the PortBindingsMaster file. I know this pipeline is deployed because it's used in other one way send ports. Any suggestions on what might be wrong?
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2014 at 4:12 AM
Do you have UseMasterBindings set to True? Did you triple-check the correctness of PortBindings.xml (which would be generated and the file that actually gets imported if you have UseMasterBindings set to True)? I would bet that the bindings file actually being imported has PassThruTransmit specified for that port. Once you have a deployment done, fix the pipeline manually and re-export the bindings XML, then use a file compare tool to compare it with the PortBindingsMaster.xml.

Thanks,
Tom
Feb 17, 2014 at 2:47 PM
So I went back and decided to export the bindings again (created the PortBindingsMaster file) and deploy locally on my development box. When I do this, even though the send pipeline has the pipeline component set on the receive location, after deploying locally, it is reverting to the PassThruTransmit pipeline component. I don't see any errors when deploying. I see that the right pipeline component is in the PortBindingsMaster file. My other ports are getting set correctly. Any idea on where I can look to see why this pipeline isn't being set correctly?
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2014 at 5:15 PM
Have you tried this process? All in BizTalk Admin: export the bindings XML and leave it as-is, then set the wrong pipeline (or ideally delete the whole receive location), then re-import the bindings XML. In other words, leave the Deployment Framework completely out of the picture and see if you can successfully complete an export/import cycle using nothing but BizTalk Admin.

Also, what version of BizTalk? I found an old newsgroup posting describing a problem just like this in BizTalk 2006 R2.

Thanks,
Tom
Feb 17, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Interesting, I tried your suggestion. So, in administrator, I exported the bindings, left the receive locations as is, and re-imported the bindings. The problem persists in that the send pipeline on the receive location reverts back to the PassThruTransmit pipeline instead of the custom pipeline. I guess this is some sort of BizTalk Server bug. I'm using BizTalk Server 2010
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2014 at 5:56 PM
Are you running BizTalk 2010 CU6? It's possible this might have been fixed in CU6. Not the same repro steps, but same end result that you are seeing.

Thanks,
Tom