Deployment Window Not Opening When I Run The MSI

Topics: General Questions, Server Deployment
Feb 3, 2015 at 7:01 PM
I can easily run my deployment from within Visual Studio using the BizTalk Deployment Framework but when I try to do it from the MSI and click "Start Deploying to BizTalk when I click Finish" then a window flashes quickly - way too quickly to see what is happening - and nothing happens. The first part of the MSI works fine as far as installation is concerned but no luck with the deploy. Same thing happens if I try running the installation under the menu..I see options for deploying, redeploying, and undeploying and the screens never popup...nothing happens but window flashes up...how can I debug this?

I need to somehow trap the error that is occurring when the deploy starts. I am using latest version of deployment framework under Windows server 2012 and BizTalk 2013 R2. Like I said, no problems running it from VS menu, but problems under the MSI and I do not think it's a length of shortcut path issue as talked about in other threads..tried shortening path and still does not popup the deploy screens.
Coordinator
Feb 3, 2015 at 7:30 PM
Please try one of the sample applications included with the Deployment Framework, unmodified except for the Visual Studio upgrade, and see if you end up with the same result.

Thanks,
Tom
May 26, 2015 at 2:02 PM
I am having the same issue. I have a fresh install of BizTalk 2013 R2 on a new development server and am trying to deploy existing BTDF packages that were built in version 5.5 with VS 2010:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"

BTDF 6.0 and Excel are both installed on this machine as well as BizTalk 2013 R2. Do packages built in older version of BTDF not work with BizTalk 2013 R2? These packages deploy without issue on all of my BizTalk 2010 environments.