Auto start fails but manual start ok

Topics: Server Deployment
Oct 24, 2015 at 12:03 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2015 at 12:05 PM
Hi Tom,

I'm running BTDF 5.5 and BTS2013. I'm finding the following error in DeployResults.txt following an automated server deployment.

C:\Program Files (x86)\FFF.Enterprise.Hybrid for BizTalk\1.0\Deployment\Framework\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1864,5): error : Could not enlist orchestration 'FFF.Enterprise.Hybrid.Orchestrations.ProcessInboundGenesisDespatches,FFF.Enterprise.Hybrid.Orchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c6c1cea726e61894'. Could not enlist orchestration 'FFF.Enterprise.Hybrid.Orchestrations.ProcessInboundGenesisDespatches,FFF.Enterprise.Hybrid.Orchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c6c1cea726e61894'. TargetInvocationException exception occurred while the XLANG/s runtime enlisted a service.\r
C:\Program Files (x86)\FFF.Enterprise.Hybrid for BizTalk\1.0\Deployment\Framework\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1864,5): error : Error message:Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.\r
C:\Program Files (x86)\FFF.Enterprise.Hybrid for BizTalk\1.0\Deployment\Framework\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1864,5): error : Call stack: at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)\r

However, if I then manually start the application from the admin console it starts ok. Have you come across this problem before?

Thanks,
Rob.
Coordinator
Oct 29, 2015 at 4:55 AM
Hi Rob,

No, I haven't seen that before. It's coming out of the ExplorerOM API's application-level Start() method. The only input to that method aside from the application name is the set of app start options. That's set by the MSBuild property ControlBizTalkAppStartOption.

You could try overriding that property and giving it different settings to see if the behavior ever changes. It's a list, so one or more options can be combined, comma-separated, in the property value:

StartAllOrchestrations
StartAllSendPortGroups
StartAllSendPorts
DeployAllPolicies
EnableAllReceiveLocations
StartReferencedApplications
StartAll

Thanks,
Tom
Oct 29, 2015 at 11:34 AM
Edited Oct 29, 2015 at 11:34 AM
Thanks for your Reply Tom.

I arranged for a server reboot earlier in the week and that cleared the problem. However, it's good to know the info you've given - may well come in handy if the problem re-appears.

Rob.