Handling passwords with &

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO
Apr 22, 2016 at 11:53 AM
Edited Apr 22, 2016 at 3:01 PM
Hi Tom,

I'm having problem with using passwords with & in it. When I am deploying MSI, getting an error saying invalid xml/Malformed xml.

Can we use Special character like "&,<,>" in passwords ?

Please advice how to handle passwords with & in it.

Thanks,
Ram
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2016 at 4:42 PM
You can, but they probably need to be XML-encoded at rest within the Excel spreadsheet.

Thanks,
Tom
Apr 22, 2016 at 5:30 PM
Thanks Tom for the reply.

"M0r31s&0s" is my password. so I need to put like "M0r31s&0s". Can you please give me an example.

Thanks,
Ram
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2016 at 5:36 PM
Yes, enter:
M0r31s&amp;0s
Thanks,
Tom
Apr 22, 2016 at 5:49 PM
Edited Apr 22, 2016 at 5:58 PM
I tried like that. Still getting the same error. Please see the encoded xml. Do I need to change any settings in the PropertyGroup ?

Information: Importing bindings "C:\TFS\DFS-Dev\BizTalk\JMFamily\2013R2\DFS.Transmission.Venture\DFS.Transmission.Venture.Deployment\PortBindings.xml" into application "DFS.Transmission.Venture" in BizTalk configuration database (server="ALPDSTMCS00166", database="BizTalkMgmtDb_R2")...
    Error: Failed to update binding information.
    Invalid or malformed XML data.

<TransportTypeData><CustomProps><AdapterConfig vt="8">&lt;Config xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&gt;&lt;host&gt;ftp.jmfamily.com&lt;/host&gt;&lt;password&gt;M0r31s&0s&lt;/password&gt;&lt;port&gt;22&lt;/port&gt;&lt;applySecurityPermissions&gt;&lt;/applySecurityPermissions&gt;&lt;user&gt;dfs_test_ftp&lt;/user&gt;&lt;identityfile /&gt;&lt;remotepath&gt;/HOME/DropOffDev/Venture/incoming/&lt;/remotepath&gt;&lt;remotefile&gt;%SourceFileName%&lt;/remotefile&gt;&lt;remotetempfile /&gt;&lt;verifyFileSize&gt;false&lt;/verifyFileSize&gt;&lt;connectionlimit&gt;10&lt;/connectionlimit&gt;&lt;trace&gt;false&lt;/trace&gt;&lt;errorThreshold&gt;10&lt;/errorThreshold&gt;&lt;proxyserver /&gt;&lt;proxyport&gt;80&lt;/proxyport&gt;&lt;proxyusername /&gt;&lt;uri&gt;SFTP://ftp.abc.com:22/HOME/DropOffDev/Venture/incoming/%SourceFileName%&lt;/uri&gt;&lt;/Config&gt;</AdapterConfig></CustomProps></TransportTypeData>

Thanks ,
Ram
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2016 at 5:57 PM
Then try double-encoding it:
M0r31s&amp;amp;0s
Apr 22, 2016 at 6:05 PM
This worked. Thank you sir.
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2016 at 6:10 PM
Great! You might want to edit your earlier message -- you included a real domain name.

Tom