Ideas for HIS/HIP

Dec 21, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I have a C# library for use with HIP (Host Initiated Processing - where mainframe CICS talks to HIS and then BizTalk).
I need to stop HIP service, copy files to special library, then start HIP service.

How might I integrated this, if at all, into the BizTalk Deployment Framework?

I've never validated to see if the C# components could run from the GAC.  All the doc says to copy to this directory:
"c:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Host Systems 2.0\system\HIP Implementing Assemblies\.."
(somewhat like Pipeline Components I suppose).

Could I tag on a post-processor to do this?

Thanks,
Neal Walters

"c:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Host Systems 2.0\system\HIP Implementing Assemblies\.."
Coordinator
Dec 21, 2009 at 6:29 PM

That's something that you could do in the <CustomDeployTarget> step of your .btdfproj file.  We have a sample of that in the BizTalkSample app.  You could use Exec tasks to call net.exe to control the HIP service, and a copy task to copy the DLL to the HIP Implementing Assemblies folder.  Technically pipeline components do not need to be GAC'd for BizTalk, so it sounds like this might be the same.  You can look in our BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets for some examples of how we do the file copies today.

Thanks,
Tom

Dec 21, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Thanks for this answer (and others).  I'll check it out soon.
Neal