Discussions under Tips and Tricks

Welcome to the Discussions area for the Deployment Framework for BizTalk.  Please use this area to ask how-to and general questions and share knowledge and tips.  If you're reporting an issue, please use the Issue Tracker instead.

Welcome and thanks for using the Deployment Framework for BizTalk!

Thomas F. Abraham
http://www.tfabraham.com/

Pre-Process SettingsFileGenerator.xml

first post: charliemott wrote: The following are notes on how I implemented our requirement to dep...

latest post: charliemott wrote: You can also inject ${_machine_name} into the EnvironmentSettings.x...

How to hide "Setting property to value" in output file.

first post: bobbychows wrote: Hello Guys, We store service accounts information in settings file...

Executing commend file while BTDF deployment

first post: hikapilkumar wrote: Hi All, I have using below code for run the cmd file while deploym...

latest post: hikapilkumar wrote: I have set the environment tag in the PropsFromEnvSettings then i...

Avoid Entire SettingsFileGenerator to SSO

first post: nbot wrote: Hi , I have a question related to SSO. Currently I see that btd...

latest post: nbot wrote: Thanks again for the reply. However , blanking out the settings m...

Retrieve name of SQL Server of BizTalk Group

first post: LexHegt wrote: Hi all, I use BTDF to deploy BizTalk Applications and T-SQL scrip...

latest post: LexHegt wrote: Thanks Tom! My pleasure! Hope it's useful for other people as well...

answered by: tfabraham wrote: Hi Lex, As long as you run the Archive database deployment on one ...

WixLightArguments and preprocesser

first post: deankasa wrote: Hi, I'm trying to override the default arguments provided to LIGHT...

latest post: deankasa wrote: That indeed did solve the problem. Thank you.

answered by: tfabraham wrote: The properties within the default WixLightArguments are undefined a...

Customizing the MSI User Interface NOT the Deployment UI

first post: deankasa wrote: I have tried to modify the WIX file as per the documentation but I ...

latest post: tfabraham wrote: Thanks for tracking that down, and sorry for the inconvenience. It...

answered by: tfabraham wrote: Thanks for tracking that down, and sorry for the inconvenience. It...

Anyway to customize the default btdfproj file?

first post: billchesnut wrote: We are using BTDF on some large projects and every time we add BTDF...

latest post: tfabraham wrote: It uses a template in the BTDF installation folder under the Develo...

Auto Increment ProductVersion & use a new ProductID in btdfproj file with TFS BUILD

first post: nbot wrote: HI , I am using TFS (2010) build to create btdf MSI. I need help ...

latest post: nbot wrote: Sorry for late reply. Thanks for the help , Tom ! The idea ...

Tool for Generating/Maintaining PortBindingsMaster.xml

first post: bbiyani wrote: One of the manual task involved in using Biztalk Deployment Framewo...

latest post: tfabraham wrote: Hi Bharat, Thanks for developing and sharing this tool with the De...