Binding to Host - Trust level is not always the problem

Topics: Tips and Tricks
Feb 22, 2010 at 5:36 PM
Edited Feb 22, 2010 at 5:49 PM

I'm not putting this as an defect - but just a "gotcha".  If you install the HelloWorld and you don't have the exact same Host Instances and security as BizTalk has out-of-the-box, you might get this error (see below) and have to change the sample binding file.  The error from BizTalk is slightly misleading.  It implies a trust-level problem, but in our case the security group was what was the mismatch. 

I inherited a VMWare image with a lot of hosts and security already defined.  Further, they have limited File Receive/Send to certain specific Hosts.

To solve, I manually bound the HelloWorld orchestration to the host, exported the binding file to another location, and noted the differences. I changed the PortBindings.xml in the HelloWorld project (by putting in our user group).  Then I had to find the appropriate host for each type of send port and receive location.

Neal Walters

Copy of error:

Information: Importing bindings "C:\Program Files\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\Samples\BizTalk2006\HelloWorld\HelloWorld.Deployment\PortBindings.xml" into application "HelloWorld" in BizTalk configuration database (server="vsbtsysdbmgmt", database="BizTalkMgmtDb")...

Error: Failed to update binding information.

Cannot update send port "HelloWorldSendPort".

Cannot update transport information (address "C:\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\Samples\HelloWorld\Out\%MessageID%.xml").

The following items could not be matched up to hosts due to name and/or trust level mismatches:

Item: 'FILE' Host: 'BizTalkServerApplication' Trust level: 'Untrusted'

You must do one of the following:

1) Create hosts with these names and trust levels and try again

2) Re-export the MSI without the binding files and have a post import script apply a suitable binding file.

In my particular case, the binding should have been:

<Host Name="BizTalkServerApplication" NTGroupName="BIZTALKDEV\dl_aa_bt_application_users" Type="1" Trusted="false" />

instead of

<font size="2" color="#0000ff"><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

<

</font></font><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

</font>

Host Name="BizTalkServerApplication" NTGroupName="BizTalk Application Users" Type="1" Trusted="false" />

My VMWare is running Active Diretory to match more of a prod environment, so they already created a rather complex series of userids and groups.

<font size="1">

</font>

I had to find the appropriate hosts they had set up for File send/receive, then I changed: 

from

<SendHandler Name="BizTalkServerApplication" HostTrusted="false">

to

<font size="2" color="#0000ff"><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

<

</font></font><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

</font>

SendHandler Name="FileSendHost" HostTrusted="false">

and similarly for my FileReceiveHost (in the receive location).