Redeploying specific orchestrations

Topics: General Questions
Jun 9, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Hi,

How some specific orchestrations can be redeployed through the use of BTDF.

Suppose i have 3 orchestrations ( orch1, orch2 and orch3 ) in an Biztalk Application .

Now there is a change in orch2 and i want to redeploy only orch2 not orch1 and orch3 as those has not been changed.How this can be acheived?

I have done one test with only mentioning the orch2 in  .btdfproj and the assemblies referenced by orch2. When i redeploy ( as orch2 is already present )  the resultant .msi file , it

redeploys the orch2 , but to my utter surprise i found that orch1 and  orch2 are vanished. IS it possible with BTDF to acheive the same. If yes then how.

Shamajit

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2010 at 8:36 PM

The Deployment Framework deploys an entire application, so if you leave parts of it out of the .btdfproj (like references to the dll's for orch1 and orch3), then when you deploy the next time orch1 is all that will be deployed.  If you simply have a change to logic inside an orchestration or .NET assembly, you can copy the newer assemblies to the server and GAC them manually and restart the host instances.  Orchestrations and components don't need to be redeployed to the BizTalk databases if nothing changed but internal logic.

Thanks,
Tom

Jun 10, 2010 at 6:48 AM

Thanks TOM.