PortBindings.xml is already in store and is either associated with another application or with another type

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO
Jul 21, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Having successfully used the Deployment Framework on one project (thanks guys) I've been working on for the past 6 months I'm now in the process of using it on a second one and I've encountered a problem that I'm sure there has to be a solution for that I am just missing.

The application from the first project is deployed in BizTalk and working correctly.

I've created a new deployment project file and have just executed it. It ran almost to completion and then failed in the 'DeployAndStartPorts' target with the following error:

Error: Failed to add resource(s).        Resource (-Type="System.BizTalk:BizTalkBinding" -Luid="PortBindings.xml")  is already in store and is either associated with another application or with another type.

Well sure there's a PortBindings.xml file already deployed as a resource within BizTalk - it's from my first project. A quick check in the '<All Artifacts>' view in the BizTalk Administration Console and sure enough it's listed as a resource of type System.BizTalk:BizTalkBinding with a destination location of ENV:ALL.

Now I can't imagine I'm the first person to ever use the Deployment Framework for more than one project in the same deployment environment so I have to assume I'm missing something here.

Thing is, if the BindingFile name deployed into BizTalk has to be unique across all applications, how do I address this when the filename is automatically set by the Deployment Framework when it generates the actual binding file from the PortBindingsMaster.xml file and always gives it the same filename of PortBindings.xml?

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Hi, this one should be easy to fix -- have you upgraded to the latest version?  I made a change months ago that renames the PortBindings.xml before deploying it.

Thanks!
Tom

Jul 21, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the, as always, prompt response.

Told you I was missing something...about 10 releases...that'll teach me to keep up!

I'll pickup the latest version now. Are there any breaking changes I should be aware of between 5.0.9 and 5.0.19.0 as I don't want to unexpectedly bust the other working project while fixing this one.

Thanks again.

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:28 PM
Edited Jul 21, 2010 at 5:31 PM

See this page: http://biztalkdeployment.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Change%20History

and look for "Potential Breaking Change".

and/or this page: http://biztalkdeployment.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=V5.0%20Release%20Notes

Neal

Jul 22, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Hi Neal,

Thanks for the FastTrack - much appreciated.