How to add reference of another application?

Topics: General Questions
Aug 13, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Guys,

I have a solution with one of the project containing 2 schemas and 1 maps. The other project contains one itinerary. I have modified the btdfproj file to include the itinerary xml.

So far I deployed the solution to biztalk, added reference of the Microsoft.Practices.ESB application to my application and created a binding file. This binding file is being used by the btdfproj project. However when I try to deploy the solution using the btdfproj file, the application gets deployed but I get an error like this

The artifact "Microsoft.Practices.ESB.Itinerary.Pipelines.ItinerarySendPassThrough" could not be bound to SP_ESBTest. The artifact "Microsoft.Practices.ESB.Itinerary.Pipelines.ItinerarySendPassThrough" does not belong to the same application as "SP_ESBTest" or its references.

Question is how to add reference of the application "Microsoft.Practices.ESB" in my application that uses itineraries? Or what else can be done to get this project deployed correctly.

I would truly appreciate any help.

Coordinator
Aug 13, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Add an ItemGroup like this:

<ItemGroup>
  <AppsToReference Include="Microsoft.Practices.ESB;[anotherapp];[anotherapp]"/>
</ItemGroup>

You should be seeing IntelliSense while editing the .btdfproj in Visual Studio.  The IntelliSense help pop-ups for the Deployment Framework all begin with BTDF:.  That will help show you what is available for properties and item groups.

Thanks,
Tom

Aug 13, 2010 at 7:47 PM

That worked. Thanks T

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Thanks Nitin & Tom. that worked.