Tools Menu Duplicate Fix

Topics: Visual Studio Integration
Nov 10, 2010 at 7:33 PM
Edited Nov 10, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Hi Tom,

I have been trying the Release 5.0 (Stable Beta) (June 30) release against a Biztalk 2010/VS2010 x64 Dev Machine.

1) After installing the DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkV5_0_19Beta.msi,  I followed the instructions in the below Discusssion to replace the Gacutil.exe :

http://biztalkdeployment.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=230118 

2) I then added a BTS deployment project to a BTS 2010 Visual Solution with a number of BizTalk projects.

3) I did the usual and modified the .btdfproj file for my BizTalk projects and non-BizTalk projects. Added the Binding file etc.

4) Using  Visual Studio, I was able to use the various menu choices under:

Tools -> Deployment Framework For BizTalk and also use the Deployment Framework ToolBar

i.e. deploy/undepoly, create MSI , bounce biztalk hosts etc. etc.

Therefore all is well on the functionality front

5) The only thing I noticed, is a known issue with the duplicate menu choice

Tools -> Deployment Framework For BizTalk

Showing up, i.e. everytime VS2010 is started, a new

Tools -> Deployment Framework For BizTalk

menu choice shows up.

I noticed that you did some work on this as below:

http://biztalkdeployment.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/51207

Could you give any hints on how to incorporate this fix into a -> Release 5.0 (Stable Beta) (June 30) release.

Thanks,

Freddy

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Status on the next release is this:

• VS add-in needs testing across VS 2005, 2008 and 2010 (BTS 2006-2010); not anticipating issues but need to verify
  • Changes in ESB Toolkit 2.1 (BTS 2010) cause the BTDF SSO Extender to be missing from the designer; working on a fix and new sample app also needed for my own testing

I'm trying really hard to push through these this week.  The ESB Toolkit issue was a last minute surprise and has held things up, plus I had to rebuild a BTS 2009 virtual machine.

If you really need the new build ASAP, all you need to do is download and unzip the current source, have VS 2008 SP1 w/ Visual C# installed, install Windows Installer XML 3.0 RTW, then go to the Packaging folder and run MSBuild.exe (V3.5) on the package.msbuild file.  That will generate the installer MSI.

Thanks for everyone's patience,
Tom

Nov 10, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Awesome,

Thanks Tom. I appreciate your work on this.

I'll wait a liitle bit for the official release, but might try out-> building the MSI myself.

Thanks Again,

Freddy