This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Deployment Framework for BizTalk 5.0 enters Release Candidate!

Topics: Project Announcements
Nov 18, 2010 at 11:44 PM

As many of you know, the Deployment Framework for BizTalk 5.0 has spent a considerable amount of time (nearly two years) in a stable beta stage.  Along the way, two new versions of BizTalk and many new features and changes in the Framework have made it easier to use, simpler to learn and more powerful than ever.  This is a great release (if I do say so myself) and the feedback that I've received makes me confident enough to say that every BizTalk project should be taking advantage of the BTDF.

I'm excited to announce that the Deployment Framework for BizTalk is now on track for a final Version 5.0 release by the end of the year.

As a result of this milestone, no further changes will be made to the code other than to fix critical defects (there are currently zero).  We will continue to improve the documentation before the final release, and maybe even include a couple more sample apps.

PLEASE take the time to try out this release, hit it hard and report any defects that you find on the Issue Tracker page.

Thanks!
Tom

Apr 18, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Any idea when final 5.0 will be unleashed on the world?

Apr 21, 2011 at 5:54 AM

Unfortunately no... the downside of this being a one-man project (not for lack of trying to find some help).  The only changes now will be extremely low-impact or critical fixes.  I think there are only a few things logged in the Issue Tracker that need to be addressed, so there will be little different in the final release.

Tom