BTDF integration with CC.net issue

Topics: Server Deployment
Dec 15, 2010 at 2:56 AM
Edited Dec 15, 2010 at 3:11 AM

I'm trying to automate our build and deployment process on dev server. using CC.net for automation and BTDF 5.0 to create MSI packages so that these packages can be pushed to our integration server.

in my cc.net config file , i'm using MSBuild.exe to to build my solution files and tried using BTDF file .btdfproj deployment. But the deployment always fails at DeploymentFramework.BuildTasks.dll" method "GetBizTalkAppExists" failed ExplorerOM only supports 32bit.!!

On my research, i'm thinking error may be because my enviroment is x64 bit ( win 2008 and biztalk 2009)and all my hosts are running under x64bit ( the checkbox for support only 32bit at host properties in unchecked).  Is true that BTDF only supports 32bit host ??

Please help!

Thanks

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2010 at 3:20 AM

It fully supports both x86 and x64.  Please verify that you are using the 32-bit version of MSBuild.exe to build the MSI under CC.NET.

Thanks,
Tom

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:29 AM

thanks for quick reply. I jus verified i'm using Msbuild 4.0 , which is the latest i guess and supports both 32 aand 64 bit.

that i'm confused the error throwing from the BDTF dll. Am i going on wrong direction!

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2010 at 3:51 AM

There are .NET Framework folders for x86 and for x64 (should be \Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\MSBuild.exe and \Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v3.5\MSBuild.exe).  You need to use the first one.

Thanks,
Tom