This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Deploying BRE using BTDF

Topics: General Questions
Feb 7, 2011 at 5:30 AM

Hi,

Could you tell me the basics things to be done to deploy a BRE using BTDF.

Thanks

Mala

Feb 7, 2011 at 6:26 AM

Create your rules and vocabularies.  Export them to XML files and place them somewhere within your solution folder structure.  I often use <solutionroot>\BRE\Policies and <solutionroot>\BRE\Vocabs.  Set <IncludeVocabAndRules> to true in .btdfproj.  Add ItemGroups with RuleVocabularies and RulePolicies elements, same format as other ItemGroups like Schemas, Orchestrations.

Thanks,
Tom

Feb 7, 2011 at 11:46 AM

thanks Tom.

its working. Please suggest which version of Deployment Framework shall be used for Biztalk Server 2010. Currently i am using DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkV5_0_25RC

Thanks,

Mala

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:22 PM

That's the correct version.

Thanks,
Tom

Apr 8, 2011 at 5:28 PM

I followed exactly same process. However the Vocabulary and Policy not got deployed. I checked the deploy result file, no anywhere recorded Rule deployment. It looks the IncludeVoCabAndRules setup as true didn't take effection. I am using the Version of 11/16/2010.

Thanks,

Robert

Apr 8, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Hi Robert,

I highly recommend that you upgrade to the latest release.  Even if you have <IncludeVocabAndRules>true</IncludeVocabAndRules> inside your first <PropertyGroup>, it could still skip the step if it can't resolve any vocab and policy files from your <ItemGroup>'s.  Did you also include an ItemGroup for each set of vocab files and policy files using the IntelliSense in the editor?

Thanks,
Tom

Apr 11, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Thanks Tom. Problem was solved by correcting the path as : LocationPath>.\Rules</LocationPath , Before i used absoluted path LocationPath>\Rules</LocationPath. The version was not the issue.

Thanks,

Robert