BAMViewsAndAccounts

Topics: Bindings File, Settings Management and SSO
Apr 8, 2011 at 12:41 AM

I am still using DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkV5_0_19Beta:

I am including BAMViewsAndAccounts in my SettingsFileGenerator in the format prescribed in the BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets file:

<!-- The format of the value of the BAMViewsAndAccounts property must be: -->
    <!-- ViewName1:DOMAIN\GroupName1,DOMAIN\UserName1;ViewName2:BUILTIN\Administrators,COMPUTERNAME\UserName2;<etc. etc.> -->

My value:

MRO:TX\SP IT Complete,TX\BAM Portal Monitoring;

Upon deployment I get the following error:

Windows NT user or group 'TX\SP IT Complete,TX\BAM Portal Monitoring' not found.

If I execute the command for each individual group it works fine.  Am I doing something wrong?

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2011 at 6:08 AM

Hi, I apologize but this is a long-standing issue.  Could you please try breaking it like so: MRO:TX\SP IT Complete; MRO:TX\BAM Portal Monitoring; and let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Tom

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Ah!  Of course, that will work!  I added a comment to the issue tracker with this simple work around.

Thanks!

Apr 12, 2011 at 7:22 PM

It didn't work for me. I used setup like ViewName1:DOMAIN\UserName1; (The ViewName1 has blank character in it). The deploy result showed 

Deploying BAM security...
                Finished deploying BAM security.
                Deploying BAM tracking profiles...

I can maually use command to deploy security successfully.

Why UserName1 was not added to security of the BAMPrimaryImport DB?

Thanks,

Apr 12, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Even if I put a wrong username, the deploying didn't give any error message. Looks the 'BAMViewsAndAccounts' didn't take effect for my deployment.

Apr 13, 2011 at 2:40 AM

Assuming you are including BAMViewsAndAccounts in your SettingsFileGenerator.xml file as I am, then you probably just need to add the following to your .btdfproj file:

<ItemGroup>
    <PropsFromEnvSettings Include="BAMViewsAndAccounts" />
  </ItemGroup>

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2011 at 5:15 AM

That is almost certainly the issue.

Apr 13, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Thanks. Yes, After adding  

<ItemGroup>
    <PropsFromEnvSettings Include="BAMViewsAndAccounts" />
  </ItemGroup>

The deploying picks up the BAM security parts. Still have two more questions:

1. There is an blank character in the view name. Currenty deploy script could not handle it.

2. The old version of framework installation .btdfproj file didn't work of the portion below, what is the compatibility of btdfproj file between old and new version?

<PropsFromEnvSettings>ssoAppUserGroup,ssoAppAdminGroup,BAMViewsAndAccounts</PropsFromEnvSettings>

Thanks,

Robert

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Hi Robert,

1. I'm surprised that a space would cause an issue.  The values are broken down with this regex: (?'viewName'\w+)\s*:\s*(?'groupNames'[\w\s\\,]+)$.  (Without the trailing period.)  What version of the Deployment Framework are you using?

2. The values should be separated by semi-colons instead of commas.  How old is your Deployment Framework?  The change from commas to semi-colons along with other related changes happened a very long time ago.  There are migration notes on that here, but hopefully your version is not that old!

Thanks,
Tom

Apr 13, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Hi Tom,

I just reinstalled the most current version of BTDF. The error is same:

ERROR: View 'Alerts' does not exist.

MSBUILD : warning MSB3073: The commnad ""c:\program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009\Tracking\bm.exe " add-account -View:"Alerts" - AccountName:"dev\bam portal users"" exited with code 2.

My setting as:   <property name="BAMViewsAndAccounts">EDI Alerts:dev\bam portal users;EDI Alerts:DEV\Pfusco;</property>

The regex express in the BTDF targets file is as:

ListItemRegex="(?'viewName'\w+)\s*:\s*(?'groupNames'[\w\s\\,]+)$"

Thanks for help

Thanks,

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Robert, the regex should be (?'viewName'[\w\s]+)\s*:\s*(?'groupNames'[\w\s\\,]+)$.  (Without trailing period.)  I'll create an issue in the Issue Tracker and it should be fixed in the final 5.0 release.

Thanks!
Tom

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:25 AM

Thanks Tom. The new exgex works.

Robert