MSI Generation in Release Mode

Topics: Tips and Tricks
May 4, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Hi,

I was having problems generating the MSI from my TFS build process.  The build process is running in Release mode.  I was getting the following warning. (I get the same warning if running the MSI generation process from Visual Studio in Release mode)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk\5.0\Developer\GenericBizTalkMSI.wxs (75): The cabinet 'BizTalkSolution.cab' does not contain any files. If this installation contains no files, this warning can likely be safely ignored. Otherwise, please add files to the cabinet or remove it.

The process was copying all the files it needed to "obj\Release", then it "cleaned" this same folder as the target location to create the MSI.

To circumvent this problem, I have commented out the following line in the BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets file.

<!--<Delete Files="@(OutputsToClean)" ContinueOnError="false" Condition="'@(OutputsToClean)'">'@(OutputsToClean)' != ''" />

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Charlie, have you overridden any of the default paths?  Like the OutputPath property?

By default, the staging files to be packaged into the MSI are placed in <deploymentProject>\obj\Release\redist and the MSI is placed in <deploymentProject>\bin\Release.

Thanks,
Tom